Help me choose a Brittany campsite for August?

(3 Posts)
LikeASoulWithoutAMind Mon 29-Jun-15 18:34:10

I've narrowed it down to 3 but I can't decide what suits us best. It's me, dh and 3 dcs aged 8-11.

The dcs would love a nice pool especially if it had waterslides.
I really need peace and quiet at night (am recovering from illness, I need sleep) Also while the dcs will be up later than usual, I don't want to go somewhere where they can't sleep til 11pm every night.
We really just want a peaceful, pleasant site with reasonable sized pitches and decent showers. We're not bothered about activities or entertainment.
Location wise, we prefer low key and pretty. It'd be great to be able to walk into a local village or town but not essential.

I'm looking at Les Deux Fontaines in Raguenes, Camping Les Druides nr Carnac and Camping de la Baie in Trinite sur Mer. (None of them quite tick all the boxes!) Anyone been to these sites in August - any thoughts?

ivykaty44 Mon 29-Jun-15 18:42:22

Iv been to the campsite at trinity, I liked the fact it was on the beach so easy access and no driving. It was a long time ago mind.

It's an easy drive to St malo and vannes is very pleasant

LikeASoulWithoutAMind Mon 29-Jun-15 18:47:53

Thanks ivykaty Yes the setting of that one looks amazing but I'm worried it might be a bit too noisy for us? Pool looks v small but I think having beach either side would compensate for that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now