Talk

Advanced search

Eurocamp - Les Ecreuils

(17 Posts)
HettyD Sat 27-Jun-15 20:12:33

Has anyone been to this site in the vendee?? Booked end of July in a tent and wondered if bbq was gas or charcoal?? Is it a 'clean' site??!! Is the shop any good?? Is there takeaway available during week?? Hoping it's not too noisy a well... Thanx.

austenozzy Sun 05-Jul-15 12:28:18

Hello hetty. We went there five years ago but stayed in one of the mobile home chalet things. All of the facilities we used were in good nick but we didn't need use of the shower block or anything like that. I imagine they're pretty reasonable if all the other kit is anything to go by.

Re bbqs, we were supplied a small charcoal one. I'm afraid I don't know if there was gas.

Get in early for the fresh croissants from the shop! And the restaurant/cafe by the entrance wasn't all that, try others in nearby towns and villages. Might be different now, tbf.

Bar was pricey, ice creams were good! The kids loved the small flumes and lazy river in the pool area.

Not overly helpful but didn't want you to go unanswered! Have fun!

CamelHump Sun 05-Jul-15 12:30:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

austenozzy Sun 05-Jul-15 12:34:27

Yes, that's right. St Hilaire something or other in the pine forests in the vendee, iirc.

SalomeD Sun 05-Jul-15 14:46:50

Stayed in a mobile home there last year and we had a lovely time, certainly wasn't a noisy site in early July. Nice size pool with a double slide and lazy river. Boys enjoyed the playground and youngest did a couple of activities with the Eurocamp club but this was mainly targetted at younger kids. All the facilities we used were very clean and the site overall is kept very clean and tidy (the owners have their house just next to the entrance).

You just have to cross the road to get to the beach (it was very windy when we went, which is probably why there were at least 2 kite festivals on the coast nearby, so we didn't go in the sea as it was too rough).

Really great croissants and fab burgers
! Eurocamp bbq was charcoal.

There's an aqua park just down the road which my youngest enjoyed.

Worth a day trip to see the salt pans and castle at l'ile de Noirmoutier.

HettyD Tue 07-Jul-15 19:47:59

Thanks everyone!! Much appreciated!

bobajob Tue 07-Jul-15 19:53:59

We stayed there in May and would go again. All lovely and clean, nice swimming pool, soft play in the bar, kids clubs and toddler group, and a few minutes walk to the beach. Also a supermarket within walking distance. Lovely beach at St Jean de Monts too.

Ledkr Tue 07-Jul-15 19:56:18

Hetty, we are there at the same time but in our own camper van, I've never been but I know the area well and have stayed In some of the other sites in the area and it's lovely.
I'll look out for you wink

HettyD Wed 08-Jul-15 20:06:20

Excellent Ledkr, I will be easy to spot as I am the one giving the unruly kids (my own usually) a teacher stare!!

Ledkr Wed 08-Jul-15 21:58:50

I was drawn to the soft play in the bar area. Marvelous.

bobajob Wed 08-Jul-15 22:01:51

"Lets go to softplay kids" = sounds much better than "lets go to the bar" grin

3 and 4 year olds also loved the kids disco and balloon modelling there.

pussinwellyboots Fri 10-Jul-15 05:05:15

We stayed in may 2 years ago and had a lovely time. Kids enjoyed the learn to swim and ride bikes sessions. Beach was beautiful but windy. Very easy walk to supermarket and back ( we hired one of those pull along carts for kids/ shopping) We stayed in a tent but I don't remember the bbq - probably charcoal.

We used the takeaway a couple of times and were pleased, and the softplay in the bar was a good distraction. Ours also loved the pool but it was too cool for the outdoor pool at that time of year.

Ledkr Sat 25-Jul-15 22:49:26

Are u here hetty?

HettyD Sun 26-Jul-15 15:10:53

Not there til next Wednesday, currently trying to pack, how warm is it??!!

Ledkr Sun 26-Jul-15 18:20:43

Lovely and warm but raining today and not great til Wednesday, u lucky thing. We are here till Friday then move on. I'll pm u my number let's meet for a drink near the soft play on Thursday.
Pool nice, beach close, something for kids each day. Disco tnt, big affaur for dds, last night a bouncing castle, kids club every day, karaoke on Thursday.

Ledkr Sun 26-Jul-15 19:51:06

In shorts and stuff all day, only needed a hoody once or twice at night.

Tigresswoods Sun 26-Jul-15 21:49:06

Omg omg, we've stayed there twice & it's great! Takeaway is lovely, pools are ace. The beach is amazing. Get out to the local markets & bbq some fresh food. You'll love it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now