Can you recommend a tent for us please?

(10 Posts)
ForSaleChesterDraws Fri 26-Jun-15 22:48:32

2 adults, one toddler, not planning on having any more. We are looking for something to use for a few nights (2-3) at a time, so quite easy to pitch up, but enough room to play in if needed. We'd prefer 2 bedrooms and a living area rather that one big space like in a bell tent.

The more complicated it is to put up the less we'll use it. Im not averse to buying used to keep costs down as would rather not pay £££.

Thank you all my lovely campers. Hi de hi!

Overhereinthecorner Sat 27-Jun-15 10:03:24

One of the Quechua pop ups with a bedroom at each end. Easy peasy to put up but a bit pesky to put away until you master the technique.

PotteringAlong Sat 27-Jun-15 10:05:50

We've got a vango Icarus 500 for me, DH, DS1 and ds2. It has 2 rooms, full height living space and very simple to put up.

PotteringAlong Sat 27-Jun-15 10:06:23

m.gooutdoors.co.uk/vango-icarus-500-tent-2012-p201938

ForSaleChesterDraws Sat 27-Jun-15 12:20:46

Thank you! I've been looking at the Quechua pop ups but they go for nearly £200 used on eBay and are rare, nearly always pop up only. I have looked at the vango too- we used to have a beta pre DS but sold it was too small.

westcountrywoman Sun 28-Jun-15 08:53:19

What's your budget? We've just got a Vango Airbeam Evoque and it's fab. Pumps up in around 10 mins so ideal for us with young kids as we can leave them strapped in the car while we put the tent up.
The Evoque 400 is a 4-man tent with two sleeping compartments. You can buy last year's model for around £550.
Really worth the money in my opinion. If the tent is fiddly and timely to put up, we wouldn't use it.

ForSaleChesterDraws Sun 28-Jun-15 09:57:36

I love the look of an inflatable tent but the cost us more than we want to spend at the moment.

DefinitelyMaybeNo Sun 28-Jun-15 10:41:34

We've got a vango Icarus 500 for four of us when we go on shorter breaks. Easy to pitch and a great size. If you need to go bigger there is a porch you can buy too.

PotteringAlong Sun 28-Jun-15 13:35:29

Definitely we've just got the porch! It arrived yesterday!

ForSaleChesterDraws Sun 28-Jun-15 14:23:46

Well we've just made a special trip to Go Outdoors and they didn't have the Icarus out on display.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now