Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Camping with Teens

(6 Posts)
clayspaniel Fri 26-Jun-15 09:24:03

Can anyone suggest any campsites in Devon or Cornwall that would be suitable for teenage boys? Also wondering if two 2-person tents are allowed on one pitch normally, or would we need to get two pitches? Thanks.

PomBearWithAnOFRS Sat 27-Jun-15 03:12:54

I know that my DD would love me to suggest the one we're off to, as the thought that there might be "equally bored teenage boys" there is one of the only things with my bribery and outright threats! that has got her to agree to come with us confused grin
We have a big family tent, but this year we're going for two smaller ones - there is only a pound or two difference in the price per night once I worked it out.
The big tent is: - Tent + 2, 3 extra minors, large tent supplement for the one pitch, and we have to squish the car (people carrier/luggage storage) as close by the tent as we can.
The 2 smaller ones are: - Tent + 2 x 2, 1 extra minor.
We then use a windshield between the two tents to sort of "fence off" and have a double semi-private space iyswim.
We can sling a tarp between the two tents too if it pisses down, and the car fits much more easily.
I think most sites are going to ask you to have two pitches - some allow a "child's pup tent" without it being classed as extra, but you're expected to squeeze it up close to your main tent, not have it be the same size...

Ineedmorepatience Sat 27-Jun-15 17:36:02

I have done it lots of times with Dd2 and her friends they are lovely to camp with, they lounge around alot and eat a fair bit but other than a few trips to the beach I didnt have to do anything with them!

Make sure you have electric hookup to charge their gadgets though or you might have a mutiny on your hands wink

I actually miss taking them now they are grown up but Dd3 is almost a teen so I might soon get to read another book on holiday grin

Also dont forget if you want to go adventuring you dont have to take them with you, if they are happy lounging around the campsite, leave them there and enjoy smile

Have fun smile

Ineedmorepatience Sat 27-Jun-15 17:39:19

Oops sorry forgot to suggest a site. Padstow touring park is great for walking down into the town but might be full now.

The river Dart country park has some activities that are suitable for older teens and a nice cafe.

Mother Iveys caravan park, is right on the beach.

None of the ones we go to have club houses but all have nice toilets and showers wink I get to choose the sites!!

Thumbcat Mon 29-Jun-15 13:51:04

I can't properly recommend as I've not been yet (hoping to next year) but trewan hall might fit the bill.

Springcleanish Sat 04-Jul-15 17:38:50

Stowford Farm Meadow. Large enough to mooch around, swimming pool, clubhouse, very friendly to teens. Lovely toilet blocks. We've got son and friends on pitch next to us. Will drop at beach AM, collect at PM.
Ruda at croyde good too. Beach literally a five min walk. Plenty of facilities on site and small town only 5-10 mins walkaway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now