Talk

Advanced search

Inflatable toddler bed

(25 Posts)
KittyandTeal Thu 25-Jun-15 20:20:07

Ok so we're not camping as such but spending a week in centre parks. However, I thought lovely camping people would know most about these.

I need one for my almost 3yo so she can sleep in our room (I know cp make sure you have booked a bed, she has one but its sharing a twin room with my mil's sister who she has never met and is 70! I feel a bit odd about her sleeping in the same room, I'm not sure at 70 I would want to share with a 3yo who snores like a pig and gets up at 6am!)

I've looked at the readybeds but the reviews seem pretty negative so I'd rather not shell out the money without some other options first.

Any suggestions?

Artandco Thu 25-Jun-15 20:21:38

Can she just not sleep in the double bed with you and husband?

SweepTheHalls Thu 25-Jun-15 20:22:19

Our ready beds are great!

hazeyjane Thu 25-Jun-15 20:23:08

We have had more luck with these sort of self inflating mats with our dds

www.tesco.com/direct/summit-self-inflating-camping-mat-with-built-in-pillow/184-9315.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=184-9315

Greywacke Thu 25-Jun-15 20:25:09

We have one of these
www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B002K2H63U/ref=s9_simh_hm_bPSvrX_d0_g86_i3

It also comes in blue.

Liveinthepresent Thu 25-Jun-15 20:28:18

Not a camper but we have this -
www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B001EQ66WK/ref=mp_s_a_1_12?qid=1435260309&sr=8-12&pi=AC_SX110_SY165&keywords=inflatable+kids+bed
And love it - my DD is 4 and am sure would fit in this for ages yet. I bought it after reading such mixed reviews on readybeds and didn't want her to grow out of it too quickly.

KittyandTeal Thu 25-Jun-15 20:46:46

Thanks all.

She really can't sleep in bed with us, my dh is 6'4" and dd sleeps like a starfish shudders at memory of cosleeping till 2.3yo so none of us would get any sleep.

We do have a sled inflating mattress from our transitioning dd to her own bed. I had thought about it.

I had seen both of those on Amazon. The second is probably a bit dearer than we wanted as she will probably not use it much. I'll have another good look at those though.

Laquila Thu 25-Jun-15 21:01:06

Presumably the OP's considered having the child in the same bed (I know wouldn't want my three-year old sharing a double bed with me and my husband on holiday!)

I've heard good reports of the ready-bed.

Artandco Thu 25-Jun-15 21:30:22

La - it was just a suggestion. Personally we still co sleep at home most the time with both children so wouldn't occur to us not to travelling, hence suggesting.

DoItTooJulia Thu 25-Jun-15 21:35:09

We are in the same position. Going to a holiday cottage and almost 3 yo DS co-sleeps with us for part of the night. Which is tolerable in a king size, but a less than lovely prospect in the holiday cottages double bed. I'm going to borrow a ready bed from a friend.

Can you ask around your friends and see if they have anything they could lend you to save the expense? I never mind doing that with friends if I have something g that would help them out!

LMGTFY Thu 25-Jun-15 21:38:35

Ready beds have been fine for my 2, however the cover isn't very warm so you may need something else too depending on the weather.

Blu Thu 25-Jun-15 22:53:58

Is there space to just take the mattress and bedding off the twin bed and put it on the floor in your room?

RobotHamster Fri 26-Jun-15 13:18:22

Yeah, I'd just drag the mattress off the twin bed and take it into your room.

KittyandTeal Fri 26-Jun-15 17:26:20

Blu that is plan a however I've never been to cp so I dint know if our room will be big enough to fit a mattress on the floor or, even, if the mattresses come off (I assume they do but these places seem to bolt everything down)

I'm looking for a cheap plan b really. I may well just take our self inflating mattress.

Ragusa Fri 26-Jun-15 21:01:03

Readybeds are rubbish for anything other than emergencies IMO. They rustle, creak, deflate and are not warm. A good quality self- inflating mattress with a flocked/ napped side, plus duvet, would see you right.

JasonsBum Fri 26-Jun-15 21:08:04

Our DD has an bed that's a cross between an air bed and a rubber dinghy! It's smallish and flocked, we but a fleece blanket on the bottom then DD's toddler duvet on top. Only trouble is, we had it from an independent local camping shop and not seen them anywhere else.

Callmecordelia Sat 27-Jun-15 17:58:24

I didn't buy my one of these from bell tent, but this is the one I have for DD - the small version. www.belltent.co.uk/small_child_contoured_mattress

We've been very happy with it, and its' gone to a wedding reception where she keeled over, camping, and was used for a couple of weeks when we moved house and her bed didn't turn up. She's just getting too big for it now, so it will be used for my nephew and DD now has a Lidl sim.

westcountrywoman Sun 28-Jun-15 08:49:43

Absolutely don't get a ReadyBed if you're sharing a room with the occupant. My kids have both slept well in theirs but they rustle and crinkle A LOT, keeping myself and DH awake when we've all been sharing a room.

Everydayaschoolday Sun 28-Jun-15 13:15:15

Hi we're CP regulars! OK, the mattresses do come off the beds - they are normal, good quality divan beds that are higher than our wooden frame beds at home. However, it will be a bit of a squeeze getting a single mattress on your bedroom floor. It would be achievable in the large 4-bed house we usually get, but not so much in the cosy 2-bed apartment we've also stayed in. So depends on your accommodation. Since moving out the cot, our now 4YO uses Dream Tubes on the single bed at CP (and anywhere else we go). A bit pricy, but a good investment as it's a single fitted sheet that will fit on any single bed and we use it a lot. www.amazon.co.uk/Hippychick-Dream-Tubes-Bed-Bumpers/dp/B00ER2NQHQ/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1435493322&sr=8-5&keywords=dream+tubes+bed+guard

KittyandTeal Sun 28-Jun-15 13:18:24

Everyday that really helps. We're in one of the big 4 bedroom deluxe places (we're going with pil shock)

You reckon we might be able to fit it in our room then? (We will end up with the smallest room as bil is the golden child)

Everydayaschoolday Sun 28-Jun-15 13:22:16

Sorry, that doesn't really answer your question of how to accommodate your DC in your room, only a solution in keeping them safer in a high-up single bed in the twin room. In your circumstances I'd go ready bed (we have these too) but they are crinkly and have slippy materiel covers on them (not like nice cotton) and I concur with everyone else's criticisms of them. But they are slimmer than a single mattress, and our kids do manage to sleep on these - fine for a short time, which CP breaks alway are. Have a great time!

MrsBungle Sun 28-Jun-15 13:24:49

We always stay in the 4 bed exec lodges at cp and have always managed to fit the mattress off another bed into our double room - although sometimes have to push the double up against the wall.

Everydayaschoolday Sun 28-Jun-15 13:25:35

We had the one with 3 rooms upstairs (1 double and 2 twins) and a double downstairs next to the sauna room. I reckon you could get a single mattress on the floor of the double upstairs. I wouldn't like to try to carry the mattress down the twisty staircase to the downstairs bedroom (which I think is marginally smaller), although it's entirely possible. smile

Everydayaschoolday Sun 28-Jun-15 13:27:26

Agree MrsBungle, that's what I was thinking.

KittyandTeal Sun 28-Jun-15 14:23:20

That's really helpful, thanks.

I will make sure we're in one of the upstairs rooms then. Sounds like moving the room around and putting a mattress on the floor will be plan a, we'll take our camping mattress as a plan b if needed. Saves some money too.

Mn is awesome for answering these questions smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now