Talk

Advanced search

Top tips for first timers in a camping car please

(6 Posts)
Ohheavens Mon 22-Jun-15 22:51:16

We are off to france in a camping car for 2 weeks this july, with 2 DC.
First time, any top tips would be very welcome.
Thank you

hillbilly Tue 23-Jun-15 11:50:36

What is a camping car?

Debs75 Tue 23-Jun-15 11:55:50

I'm thinking a VW camper van?
my aunt tiured Europe in hers and loved it. not sure with kids but i would research each place you hope to stop in so you can schedule activities for them. travel dvd players as they will get bored driving. can't think of much more than that but I'm sure someone else will

SleepIsOverrated Tue 23-Jun-15 12:03:01

Be tidy!
Try to take only what will fit in the cupboards as otherwise packing it away is a pain. Alternatively, if you are going to be staying more than one night in campsites, consider a small pup tent you can fling everything into when you go for days out, otherwise just zipping out takes forever. Plus it'll reserve your spot if your campsite is one of the "pitch anywhere" type.

Learn how to empty the loo before you go anywhere and designate a safe spot to leave the keys when you have a drink at night.

How old are the children? If very young, take a travel cot for use as a playpen to save your sanity!

Bring rainy day activities and keep them hidden and secret until those rainy days.

Go slow. Enjoy!

Ohheavens Tue 23-Jun-15 22:09:27

Many thanks, great tips

HettyD Sat 27-Jun-15 20:13:42

Vacuum bags are really useful for storing bedding, we use a little air bed pump to re-vacuum on holiday!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now