Talk

Advanced search

Camping in France with 1 & 3yo, top tips please!

(5 Posts)
getmeontheslopes Thu 18-Jun-15 22:09:09

First time camping with children so need all the help we can get! Any ideas on good things to take, and buy would be great x

HexBramble Fri 19-Jun-15 11:49:24

Which part of France?
Will you have access to water?

I would suggest a separate shade outside the tent for hot afternoons. I've seen some families with little paddling pools just outside their tents for lazy afternoon splashing.
Portable Loos to avoid late night loo visits - line them with Tesco value nappies and clean each morning.

getmeontheslopes Fri 19-Jun-15 16:21:09

Thanks hexbramble, going near nantes. Love the idea of the paddling pool, could act as a bath too!!! X

poocatcherchampion Sun 21-Jun-15 07:34:11

We are doing the same but more space to take things as got a caravan this year. Tent and paddling pool are good ideas.

I also suggest a potty, and we will take a buggy for the 3yo in case there are long walks to the pool etc.

ShesAStar Wed 24-Jun-15 20:05:15

We took DD camping at 5 months and we weren't prepared for how cold it got at night. The first night was a nightmare with DD waking freezing cold and us having to bring her into our bed to warm her up. So I would recomend taking more warm blankets/fleeces than you ever thought you might need! Hope you have a fantastic time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now