Talk

Advanced search

If you have a stove in your tent

(10 Posts)
lavendersun Tue 09-Jun-15 16:35:17

Can you tell me what you put it on? I have seen the rounded frontier ones but would prefer a flat metal plate type thing I think but can't find one. DH suggested a welder's mat but we can only find soldering mat sized ones.

We will probably fold a blanket underneath to give it a bit of room.

My stove has funny wire legs that form a rectangle.

I don't want anything heavy like slate.

I am meant to be doing research but completely bored and thinking about camping.

lavendersun Tue 09-Jun-15 16:36:51

Also, foldable would be good as it may have to go in a canoe. Although we are not sure that we will have the weight spare tbh.

VivaLeBeaver Tue 09-Jun-15 16:38:47

An alpaca wool blanket.

PattiODoors Tue 09-Jun-15 16:38:49

Errrrr when you say "stove" you mean?

lavendersun Tue 09-Jun-15 16:40:29

www.nordicoutdoor.co.uk/eldfell-pro-7.html

voluptuagoodshag Tue 09-Jun-15 16:41:15

As a heater or for cooking or both?
What sort of tent do you have and how do you get the chimney to exhaust?

lavendersun Tue 09-Jun-15 16:42:56

This is the tent we use the stove in

www.nordicoutdoor.co.uk/tents/tentipi/safir/safir-7-c-p-2010.html

Thanks Viva - we did consider just a pure wool blanket but haven't decided yet - wonder what other options there are.

lavendersun Tue 09-Jun-15 18:01:48

Viva - Can you tell me how you use your blanket, do you just fold it a few times under the stove legs? Is yours on a SIG?

What do you do about ashes/cinders falling out or do they just hit the blanket?

We are new to this fire in a tent lark but plan on extending our season with this tent.

I have found a metal deflector plate at somewhere called WindyRidge, wonder if we need that underneath.

I have made my own groundsheet - now is the time to decide whether I insert the openings tentipi style or just stick to a solid piece. I reckon that the tentipi one was born out of fires on the ground inside the tent and feel that it is unnecessary. But it would be a lot easier to install now rather than later on if I do need to do it.

VivaLeBeaver Tue 09-Jun-15 18:06:46

Yes we just fold it over and put stove on.

We have a ZIG rather than a SIG.

lavendersun Tue 09-Jun-15 18:14:44

I think I am going to skip the openings then and try a blanket, if it melts I will cut a hole in it or bin it and buy the tentipi one. Of course I wouldn't be that relaxed if I had bought the real rip off one to begin with.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now