Talk

Advanced search

Camping with a crawling 10 month old

(9 Posts)
basilflower Sun 07-Jun-15 20:50:51

Has anyone gone camping with a crawling 10 month old?

We're going to a wedding in August. Due to the fact that ds is breastfed and co sleeps with me for the majority of the night I feel like camping will be easier than trying to find a hotel room with enough beds for us all (we can't all fit in a standard double).

But the crawling worries me slightly, particularly for nappy change time! And the fact that I'd be alone on the night of the wedding as dh will stay later and I'll take ds to bed.

Has anyone else done this? Would you recommend it? What did you all sleep on?

Thanks!

basilflower Sun 07-Jun-15 20:51:24

Just realised ds will actually be a year old by the time we go!

FloJo151 Sun 07-Jun-15 21:54:34

how many of you are there? a travel lodge family room has a kingsize bed, 2 trundle beds and you can put a travel cot in it. This is what we'll be doing in aug for a wedding with ds1, ds2 and dd (16 mnths still bf/cosleeping)

how much time would you be spending in the tent/hotel room? will your ds sleep in a buggy?
what ive done before is let them sleep in the buggy in the eve til we go home and then transfer to car to get to hotel.
is the wedding in a hotel?

camping wise (we camp every year) we usually just sleep on our blow up beds which are 2 singles which join together to make a double (it makes it bigger than a normal double) and lo sleeps next to me on a raised mattress.

Stinkersmum Sun 07-Jun-15 21:57:29

Plenty of hotels now have family rooms with at least beds enough for 3 peoplw in one room. I cannot imagine for one second why you think camping would be easier the that?? confused

basilflower Mon 08-Jun-15 09:35:16

Yes I forgot about family rooms, thank you!

I thought camping might be easier as no beds to fall off! Ds won't sleep in travel cot, or buggy! He needs to be closer to me!

We've always been big campers so looking forward to taking ds, just wondering if we should wait until he's older...

basilflower Mon 08-Jun-15 09:42:32

Sorry to answer your questions flo, there are 3 of us (me, dh, ds). We'll probably make a long weekend of it, so using the overnight accommodation for 2/3 nights. On wedding night I'll come back early to put ds (and myself!) to bed, and dh will come later. Wedding not in a hotel am afraid, that would have been easier!

MrsWembley Mon 08-Jun-15 13:22:04

First camped with DD when she was just a year and learning how to walk. Brilliant!

First camped with her and DS when he was about 9/10 months. Again, brilliant!

Although, I do recommend the all-in-one wet weather mac things for crawling/falling over in damp grass. Sorry, can't think of the name. Got a cold and am brain-dead.

Blowninonabreeze Mon 08-Jun-15 13:29:38

It's fine.

Would get a decent waterproof all in one (we use spotty otter) as the grass is usually damp for crawlers and they sit down a lot.

We take a travel cot, butdd3 inevitably ends up on the floor next to us (we're on SIMS and I take the mattress out of the cot for her)

Would take an ikea antilop highchair if you can fit it in for containment at meal times

basilflower Mon 08-Jun-15 14:08:55

Thanks! The more I think about it the more fun I think it will be! All in one waterproof seems like a must have, will definitely get that sorted!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now