Talk

Advanced search

Family camping in a BIG group - any recommendations?

(10 Posts)
anothergenericname Mon 01-Jun-15 17:36:38

Hi - starting to plan a large reunion-type event in 2016 and camping is probably going to be the most affordable option which is essential as most of the families will be keeping to a tight budget. The trip is for potentially about 30 families (roughly 4 per family) and we'd like to camp together and not worry about bothering others.

Any suggestions?

CaurnieBred Mon 01-Jun-15 17:43:56

Doone Valley Campsite in North Devon - lovely place and they have a couple of fields you can book out for private hire. Is near the Cloud Farm site but this one you can actually book in advance. Isn't posh though :-)

mrsdiddlydoo Mon 01-Jun-15 19:52:35

Some campsites have group or rally fields that you could use. Do you know where about you want to be location wise?

anothergenericname Tue 02-Jun-15 07:17:28

Doesn't really matter though, as we're from all over, centralish might be fairest...

lavendersun Tue 02-Jun-15 07:26:34

I found a nice looking site on the edge of the Peaks recently where you can rent the whole place:

cottonstarcamping.co.uk/home/4581815846

Not sure if it is big enough as I can't see the size anywhere.

lavendersun Tue 02-Jun-15 07:29:17

Actually, if you download the price info it takes up to 30 tents so maybe big enough.

They had a folk music festival listed in September that I liked the look of but it has disappeared from the events page.

anothergenericname Tue 02-Jun-15 08:46:36

that looks really nice - thanks for the tip!

Fooshufflewickbannanapants Tue 02-Jun-15 11:04:27

We are using the rally field in callow top ashbourne for our wedding reception party, holds up to 200 ish.

Timeforachangetoday Sun 07-Jun-15 08:51:54

Fire Pit Camp in Norfolk- very kid friendly you can hire the whole thing and there's a glamping dome and hoiday house available too

profpoopsnagle Sun 07-Jun-15 09:22:11

We've hired a field at Barn Farm, Birchover near Matlock. They also have bunkhouses to hire if that helps people without a load of kit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now