Talk

Advanced search

Where are we all camping at half term then???

(49 Posts)
lavendersun Wed 20-May-15 21:13:16

Sussex here, hoping for sunshine still but the long range forecast I looked at earlier isn't that fantastic.

FrozenAteMyDaughter Wed 20-May-15 21:21:47

Off to Elderflower Fields festival also in Sussex, I think, on Friday so fairly minimalist camping (by our standards) as we don't fancy lugging too much the several miles from car to camping field.

HettyD Wed 20-May-15 21:22:55

Vendee!! Heading south as DH clearly is fed up with me moaning about cold and rain!!

lavendersun Wed 20-May-15 21:31:27

grin Hetty.

Frozen, that looks lovely, we live in Norfolk and have the 'Fairy Fair' to go to this weekend. We have been going since 2008 and it is a lovely little festival - I support it as a local charity.

Elfontheedge Wed 20-May-15 21:34:50

Anglesey here. We are going to try out my parents new tent. Mum hasn't been properly camping for years so we'll see how she manages! It's going to be bloody cold.

Ineedmorepatience Wed 20-May-15 21:50:44

The edge of the peak district for a couple of nights but am cheating and taking the caravan grin

mugglingalong Wed 20-May-15 22:57:09

In the wilds of Scotland in a tent which we haven't yet collected on SIMs some of which we haven't yet purchased! Certifiably bonkers! We remembered earlier this week that our little tent broke at the end of last season and one of the SIMs turned into a NIM (not inflating mattresses). Off to Lidl tomorrow for SIM as heard they were ok. Caravan sounds like a more sensible option.

hillbilly Wed 20-May-15 23:36:54

Cambridgeshire for the weekend then heading up to the Lake District. Can't wait! grin

Wolfiefan Wed 20-May-15 23:38:07

Crealy! Packing madly here.

MegBusset Wed 20-May-15 23:40:32

North norfolk in our little touring caravan, just for the BH weekend. Forecast looks ok atm smile

feetheart Wed 20-May-15 23:44:13

Back to Suffolk and Farmer Paul's buttercup field - went last w/e and left DH there. New tent hadn't arrived so took the old one but I now have the new one in the back of the car. DH is going to be in his element but I am not sure how we are going to get from old tent to new tent without huge amounts of faff - I may insist on leaving him to it and going to Southwold to escape the drama grin

lavendersun Thu 21-May-15 05:52:44

All sound fab - muggling, I remember by first camping trip post uni. I went shopping en route and bought a tent, air bed, gas cooker, gas bottle and sleeping bag. I took a le cruset frying pan because that was all I had at home (and a milk pan) and we set off for Dorset unpacking it all and pitching in the dark by the light of a pathetically powered torch.

26 years later I still use the gas cooker!

AgathaHannigan Thu 21-May-15 06:14:29

Westgate in Kent... Can't wait! Been closing my eyes and imagining the smell of the canvas...smile

wannabestressfree Thu 21-May-15 06:57:09

It's lovely and sunny here Agatha smile

profpoopsnagle Thu 21-May-15 08:33:10

FForest fields! Can't wait. grin

tattychicken Thu 21-May-15 08:37:15

Sea Barn Farm in Dorset. Leaving first thing on Sat. Am at the very daunted 'how on earth am I going to get everything ready' stage. ��

BikeRunSki Thu 21-May-15 08:39:11

NT Great Langdale. DS(6) wants to climb dome mountains smile

FrozenAteMyDaughter Thu 21-May-15 08:44:42

It's looking good for the weather fingers crossed!

lavendersun, Elderflower Fields is fab. This is our third year now. DD was 3 the first year and still remembers the friends she made and played with in the hay bales. The music is secondary really but the kids love all the activities and, probably most of all, the massive pile of dried mud they swarmed all over last year.

hillbilly Thu 21-May-15 11:31:52

Prof I've heard great things about Fforest fields. If we bump into each other at Les Valades you can tell me all about it grin

Weather looking up for us this weekend.

SalomeD Thu 21-May-15 14:00:33

In the garden!

Can't get away but me and the boys can always enjoy sleeping under canvas at home

PotteringAlong Thu 21-May-15 18:13:21

We're off to wooler in Northumberland!

lavendersun Thu 21-May-15 18:42:19

I am very envious of all those heading north (home), but at the same time pleased to be going to Sussex as I haven't been since I was 22!

hazeyjane Thu 21-May-15 18:46:05

Dorset, can't wait....but need to start packing!

tinkywinkyshandbag Thu 21-May-15 20:15:34

Dorset here too but only for a couple of days and not over the bank hol itself. Sounds like we need to book!

Daisybell1 Thu 21-May-15 21:38:57

Nowhere for half term but we're off to Swiss Farm at Henley for a couple of nights.

Fforest Fields is amazing, am very jealous!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now