Talk

Advanced search

Right, what do I REALLY need?

(4 Posts)
SinclairSpectrum Thu 07-May-15 10:05:31

Getting old caravan at weekend, intend to paint interior and re-upholster cushions etc.
What do I need to buy to get me up and running - any kit recommendations would be much appreciated, it's our first van so we have nothing.......

MrsNextDoor Fri 08-May-15 06:07:58

I've heard very good things about Valspar paint...it's apparently hard wearing and the colours are lovely. Also...get yourself a staple gun if you don't have one already. Have you ever reupholstered before? got a sewing machine and all that?

SalomeD Fri 08-May-15 07:31:18

Look on Gumtree for the bits like water and waste water carriers and local car boot/charity shop for crockery/cutlery

SinclairSpectrum Fri 08-May-15 07:46:57

Got staple gun, sewing machine etc and the ability to spend hours browsing fabric.
Never upholstered before but have been watching youtube tutorials as a brew from fabric browsing!
I will have a look at the paint thank you, doing it up for us to use rather than sell so if I make an arse its only me that has to live with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now