Talk

Advanced search

Recommend a campsite in France please

(18 Posts)
krisskross Wed 06-May-15 12:27:32

Hi all

we have three weeks coming up in France in August, camping. We have ten days booked at St Avit Loisirs in Dordogne, but I am struggling to book somewhere else for another ten days.

Here is my list of requirements:

1) Suitable for children aged 6 and 7- with a bit of activity and a good pool, some slides a must (but not crazy ones for teenagers!)

2) A good chance of nice (but not boiling ) weather. Have ruled out brittany and normandy for this reason. Would loire be too cold?

We went to vendee last year, it was okay, nothing amazing but I would go back if it was a lovely site (not garangeoire please). I tried to book le pns parasol but its full and chantepie looked nice but no slides.

We will prob get the ferry to st malo and would drive in general direction of dordogne,

Any ideas please? Thanks!!

FrozenAteMyDaughter Wed 06-May-15 16:48:12

What about here? www.camping-lac-de-biscarrosse.com/fr/le_village.html. It's new so no proper photos yet but the images on the site show it will have slides. It also isn't that far from your other site.

We are booked there for this summer btw which is why it occurred to me.

dingit Wed 06-May-15 16:52:35

We went to that campsite in August, and also had a week in the Loire at La pierrefitte ( les alicourts). Both were fantastic, but we had better weather in the Loire!

krisskross Wed 06-May-15 18:07:47

T hanks frozen....i think I looked at biscarosse but felt twitchy as it's a new site....i was thinking there won't be much shade (might be wrong though).

Dingit.... I've read a few bad things about les Alicourts, we're you in a tent? How was the site?

Thanks for your responses, any more thoughts out there? Thanks!

dingit Wed 06-May-15 18:27:44

No we were in a mobile home. If I'm honest, I preferred les alicourts out of the two, but that's possibly down to the weather.
The evening entertainment was good there for little dc, we still have a cd of the music somewhere. It was a long time ago, but one of the things I remember is that it was a little isolated, long drives to go anywhere, but plenty on site to keep us entertained.

krisskross Thu 07-May-15 10:00:52

Thanks Dingit....i seem to remember it being a bit noisy for people in tents....I'll keep searching.

Can anyone else help please?

krisskross Thu 07-May-15 20:32:56

Bumping for more advice, thanks!

CarcerDun Thu 07-May-15 20:35:44

Soleil Plage, also in the Dordogne (sarlat) but its fabulous. On the riverside and there are plenty of canoe adventures to go on.

krisskross Thu 07-May-15 22:19:56

Thanks carcer, I'll look it up

helensteph Fri 08-May-15 10:11:24

Two to look at [http://www.gocampfrance.co.uk/le-clarys-plage Le Clarys Plage] in Vendee and [http://www.gocampfrance.co.uk/le-chateau-des-marais Le Chateau de Marais] in Loire. Both very good campsites!

helensteph Fri 08-May-15 10:14:36

Sorry links should be Le Clarys Plage and Le Chateau des Marais It's been a long night!

WhereTheFuckIsMyFuckingCoat Fri 08-May-15 10:28:19

I know you've said that you've ruled out Normandy, but we went www.anse-du-brick.com/it/index.php here, in July 2008, in our motorhome. The weather was gorgeous, and the campsite was brilliant. Great pool with decent slide, lovely on site restaurant, decent shop, and literally a four minute walk to the gorgeous beach!

If Normandy's q definite no goer then fair enough, but if you'd consider it, then this place is tops!!

millimat Sun 10-May-15 18:52:28

Dinghy, we are also going to the Dordogne and want a stop off for 4 nights on the way. Tried to book les alicourts but it appears that you have too have a minimum of a week in high season. Does that sound right?

krisskross Sun 10-May-15 20:13:17

Thanks wherethe....
But Normandy is out, just too like home weather wise.!

Lancsmumof2 Sat 16-May-15 16:12:03

Have a look at RCN La Ferme du Latois in Vendee, near pin Parasol but not as busy - huge pitches, gets great reviews.

holdingontight Sun 17-May-15 22:21:23

Les valades near sarlat?

We had an amazing 3 weeks last year and booked again for August as DCs have asked to go back. Pools and lake, canoes and kids club. Spacious and laid back.

MissEarlGrey Thu 21-May-15 21:45:22

We had a brilliant time last year at the camping municipal in Carcans Plage, about 40 km North West of Bordeaux. Cheap, in the pine trees, big enough plots, cycle lanes everywhere. No pool, sorry, but with our young DCs we didn't miss it as the beach is about 200 m away!
www.camping-carcans-ocean.com/

millimat Sat 20-Jun-15 21:40:29

OP, did you decide? We decided on the Loire for our hols before the Dordogne.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now