Talk

Advanced search

Do you gets your caravan serviced every year?

(5 Posts)
VivaLeBeaver Mon 09-Feb-15 12:51:21

Had my caravan nearly a year and just booked a site for later this month. Haven't used the van since August.

Should I be getting it serviced every year? What stuff do they check?

Never used to get my old campervan serviced.

Always go with ehu and DH is an electrician so if anything electrical didn't work he could fix it.

Milliways Mon 09-Feb-15 22:23:38

We have a Motorhome and as well as the engine service we have a full habitation check each year. Checks for damp, gas safety etc. our last van had a damp problem so we needed to know if work was needed before damage done.

VivaLeBeaver Mon 09-Feb-15 22:28:18

Thanks. I've got a damp meter and a carbon monoxide alarm so I might just do it alternate years?

Springcleanish Mon 09-Feb-15 22:45:04

Yes, every year, checked damp, tyres, water fittings/ toilet, axles, a frame etc. So many accidents happen with caravans whilst towing, and they spend so long sat around, prime for joints seizing up. If it's in warranty you need to, otherwise it becomes invalid.

VivaLeBeaver Mon 09-Feb-15 22:56:37

Oh I hadn't thought of stuff like the axles and a-frame. Will definitly get it done at the end of this year.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: