Talk

Advanced search

Plastic storage bags for camping

(6 Posts)
lostinindia Sun 01-Feb-15 17:00:16

Just got back from staying in a camping pod and had taken a large suitcase with mine and the childrens clothes in. It took up a lot of space in the car so I've been thinking of alternative ways of carrying the clothes.

What do you think of using those plastic vacuum storage bags? It would shrink the volume down nicely on the way there and if there is a bag for each person it keeps the clothes separate with the bonus of being able to see what's what.

Just need to shrink them back on the way home? Would a dust buster be able to do this?

TarquinMoriartyGruntfuttockII Sun 01-Feb-15 18:00:36

We used those. You need to get a pump from a camping shop that can be plugged into the lighter and blows air (for your airbeds) and sucks air (for the bags. We also took collapsable crates to put the clothes in, one for each member of the family.

lostinindia Sun 01-Feb-15 18:12:20

Thanks for that. Hadn't thought about using a pump. Will look at crates too. Use trugs at the moment as they're great for washing up and throwing your clothes in for a shower. May consider collapsible containers too , have a few already that may be better for throwing coats and shoes in.

FreeButtonBee Sun 01-Feb-15 20:11:08

I bought a load of those plastic launderette bags in various colours and packed all soft stuff in those. They were excellent as you could fit them into the boot in various configurations and they were no too heavy or bulky when in the tent.

Selvedge Thu 05-Feb-15 22:38:10

Vacuum storage bags that you roll the air out of.

Blu Mon 09-Feb-15 08:09:21

I now use IKEA bags for all car-based journeys, camping, visiting my parents, etc.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: