Advanced search

La Garangeoire - bivouac pitch?

(5 Posts)
campfan Mon 26-Jan-15 12:37:34

Off to La G this summer for first time- v excited!
Thinking about booking another week but they only have available the bivouac pitch. Does anyone know anything about it? Is it big enough to put a tent next to the wooden hut thing?

(Not that it matters, but am a name changer as my holiday plans may out me!)

Flappingandflying Fri 30-Jan-15 12:14:02

Yes and you need one becase frankly the bivoac is pretty puny. The pitch is the end pitch on levelish ground where two camping roads join. I would say that the bootom lane (at which it is the end pitch) does become a bit of a race track for small people on bicycles and that row is the noisiest on the camp site although they've a bit of a way before getting to you as it is quite a long row. The pitch backs onto woodland and the other edge backs on to hedge where the lane (waliking, riding only) goes to the tennis courts. it depends when in summer you are going really and how much extra it is. The pitch is large from memory but I remember walking past last year thinking wtf and having a giggle at the 'tree house' which is a bit pathetic.

campfan Sat 31-Jan-15 00:33:53

Thank you!!
That's v useful. We've booked it after nice Jean Luc on reception measured it for us.
It does look v amusing- although v happy that we won't have to take a table and chairs

Thanks for tips though, will see take earplugs

campfan Sat 31-Jan-15 09:49:21

Will def take earplugs

Flappingandflying Sat 31-Jan-15 14:03:04

Garangoire is fab and Jean Luc is such a sweetie. You will have fun and two weeks makes it worth while. Beaches are good too. We are going back for our fifth year! Noise all goes by 11.00 because they tour round in the buggy and glare at anyone noisy. It just went a bit mental down there after tea and before kid bedtime with small people zooming about on bikes and scooters but it's ok during the day. The rules are quite strict which is good really, Their table and chairs are v. Useful. If you are there for The Crossing Of The Lake then do go because it is very funny!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now