Talk

Advanced search

Cobb owners klaxon

(6 Posts)
HolyDrinker Sun 25-Jan-15 15:21:29

If you have a Cobb, what else do you take with you, cooking wise?

Can't imagine we'll fire it up three times a day so will also take a single gas burner, but now wondering if we'll need 2 burners as well. DH is trying to talk me into a jet boil instead of an extra burner but not sure how useful a jet boil is.

Any thoughts? Ta.

PrincessPilolevuofTONGA Sun 25-Jan-15 15:30:57

curses. i hoped you were going to say they were reduced to �2.99

HolyDrinker Sun 25-Jan-15 15:52:21

Sorry. DH bought me one for xmas (even though we had previously decided we couldn't justify one). I have never loved him more!

profpoopsnagle Sun 25-Jan-15 16:10:19

We take a 2 ring gas burner with grill (although we rarely use the grill).

If we have EHU then we also take a small travel kettle for brews and a slow cooker.

We do camp a lot and often for weeks at a time so it's nice to have the flexibility.

HolyDrinker Sun 25-Jan-15 19:06:51

Yeah, that's what I think. As much as I love cooking, there will be the odd day I'll just want to boil some pasta and heat up some dolmio for the kids. Hmm, maybe another burner is needed. At least until I earn my Cobb stripes anyway...

profpoopsnagle Sun 25-Jan-15 20:58:17

Forgot to say we also take a kelly kettle blush

This acts as a really good chimney to get the cobb going and we often get a cup of tea out of it because it boils the water.

You do have to be careful to balance the kelly well.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: