Talk

Advanced search

bel camping tranche sur mer or l'atlantique la palmyre -can anyone help me?

(6 Posts)
campfan Thu 22-Jan-15 12:35:42

Hello dear wise MNers

We have a week booked in La Garangeoire in August. Trying to decide what to do for the other week, and can't seem to make a decision!

I've looked at L'atlantique in La Palmyre- the area looks nice, but mostly vans? Is to still a nice site?

Or Bel in Tranche sur mer? Is the campsite nice? The town? So many reviews- a lot say pool is freezing and tents are next to a busy road, others love it
Can anyone help? We area family of 5- with a toddler and a very football obsessed sporty 7 year old.

Thank you!

campfan Sun 25-Jan-15 20:33:20

Hopeful bump

Soz8 Sun 25-Jan-15 20:55:40

We stayed at site down Baie d'Aunis down the road in La Tranche. That was nice with great pool. The beach, front and town are lovely. However, we found the road passing by very noisy in a tent but could have been quieter further down the site! Some friends knew the Bel site and said that it's bigger and a bit more going on in the evening! I think there are a lot of English people there as there were a mixture of nationalities on the site we stayed on! grin

campfan Sun 25-Jan-15 22:09:49

Thanks for your reply! I've been trying to find out stuff about the town on trip advisor and can't find a thing so good to hear the town is nice.

wickedfairy Sat 14-Feb-15 10:48:07

We stayed at Bel a few years ago - it was a nice site. We had our own tent and booked directly with the site, so got it a bit cheaper. It is next to a fairly busy road but I don't recall hearing much noise from it really. Supermarket close by (5 min walk up the road) and they had a little shop onsite too.

Nice site, the pool is pretty cold, granted but that's probably the only downside for little ones. They have Eurocamp kids clubs at peak times and they let DS join in, even though we weren't with eurocamp, which was good - he loved it!

The town/beach is within walking distance - nice little shops/cafes and a few beaches to choose from. Play equipment at the beach over the road from the site and plenty play things on site for the kids. They also do movie nights in peak time for the children - all the kids on site go to the front of site at the outdoor cinema and sit to watch the movies. Adults can have a drink at the bar. Friendly site too.

seaswimming Sat 14-Feb-15 21:51:16

Not stayed in either of those but had a fab week 2 years ago at Les Eceurils. Is about an hour (? Ish can't remember) from Le Garengoire. Lovely friendly campsite. Beautiful beach pines, fab pools and really amazing playground. Downsides were restautaunt v uninspiring (but lots of places to eat out locally) and the playground, bouncy castle etc were all the far side of the reception/ car park area which was very busy so didn't feel happy with my children going there without us when at other sites they would do.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: