Talk

Advanced search

French camping Londoner can drive too?

(3 Posts)
BeCool Sun 11-Jan-15 15:58:40

I've not got the most fantastic knowledge of Western France - but I've always wanted to rent a cabin/caravan on a French campsite.

I'm a single parent with 2 young DC and am looking for somewhere family friendly we could drive/ferry/eurostar too. Trying to keep costs down. I've been glamping in UK before and loved it but I don't have any equipment myself beyond a sleeping bag and Trangia smile So I'm really looking for a site where I can rent a cabin or one of those on site tents.

thanks

HettyD Sun 11-Jan-15 18:56:32

I would start with Eurocamp, canvas holidays or al fresco holidays...have a look at the website and pick somewhere you think you can drive to comfortably (Brittany? Normandy? Loire?) and a site that has lots of activities. If you want a starting point have a look at Eurocamp chambord site 'chateau do maurais'. Good luck!!

cheerup Sun 11-Jan-15 19:11:17

Also look at Venue Holidays. UK based and I found their prices v competitive. The tent when we went with them (Italy) was fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now