Talk

Advanced search

Campsites with fires Nottingham and Yorkshire

(11 Posts)
reallyneedmoresleep Fri 02-Jan-15 21:59:29

It's January and so my thoughts are turning to camping...

Can anyone recommend any sites in Nottinghamshire or Yorkshire that allow campfires? I usually prefer smaller sites.

Thank you

Ineedmorepatience Fri 02-Jan-15 22:02:06

If you do an advanced search on UK Campsites there is a campfire option smile

Ineedmorepatience Fri 02-Jan-15 22:02:12

If you do an advanced search on UK Campsites there is a campfire option smile

Ineedmorepatience Fri 02-Jan-15 22:05:48

Oooopps blush

FATEdestiny Fri 02-Jan-15 22:06:33

For a youth group or just for you?

Elton or Roughbreck are the Nottinghamshire Guiding campsites

Hollygate Scout Campsite, Robin Hood Activity Centre, Sherbrooke, Stonepit Wood, and Walesby are the Nottinghamshire Scouting campsites

profpoopsnagle Sat 03-Jan-15 11:47:35

Hideaway in Yorkshire is good.

reallyneedmoresleep Sun 04-Jan-15 00:02:21

Thanks all. I'm a big fan of ukcampsite.co.uk, but it's always nice to get a MN recommendation.

It's for a couple of family groups to get together from different ends of the country. Lots of little boys aged between 4 and 12!

McKayz Sun 04-Jan-15 08:01:48

We stayed here last August. It was really nice. We are looking for campsites and are really struggling to find ones that allow campfires.

www.catgillcampsite.co.uk/

Hotbot Sun 04-Jan-15 08:54:20

Oohh , we stayed at catsgill, was great, you can walk down to bolton abbey and swim , or paddle. Great for little ones.
Tho the catsgill bathrooms are not great, we found them a bit dirty and aways lacking in loo paper .
Only 2 showers , and 3 loos ? I think. I did put comments on their feedback page so this may have improved, otherwise a great chilled out site.

McKayz Sun 04-Jan-15 19:21:30

The toilets sound the same as when we went.

BrassicaBabe Mon 05-Jan-15 16:40:49

Am I allowed to mention my site?
We're in Lincolnshire. Not too far from the places you mention smile
We're a small site with 3 tent pitches, 2 camping pods and a pre-erected bell tent. Each pitch has it's own campfire spot.
Google New Farm Holidays as I don't know if links are allowed
hope that's ok grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now