Talk

Advanced search

1st Holiday in 8 Years! Which French campsite would you choose?!

(10 Posts)
schmeegle Fri 26-Dec-14 20:47:32

Hi folks,

I know these threads are full to the gills with great information and it's not that I'm too lazy to read them but the more I read them the more confused I get.

There are so many options and we've been waiting for this holiday for so long I don't want to balls it up!

Here's the deal:

1st Holiday in 8 Years
Me, DH, DS5 and DS3
Intend to fly and hire a car
Kids would love a good pool with slides
Me and DH would love some outdoorsy stuff to do with the DC, biking etc
We live on a beach so that's not really a priority.

If anyone would like to recommend somewhere they have been and enjoyed I would be eternally grateful flowers

Boomtownsurprise Fri 26-Dec-14 21:01:18

Domaine des Ormes. Brittany. Near St malo, about 30 mins drive. Has tents, caravans, tree houses and a hotel. Golf horse riding monkey/rope tree things, kids clubs, swimming, slides, restaurant area with 4 places and a pizza take away, laundry shower facilities. Tennis and a pedalo lake.

Been twice. Rose glasses stayed pink on second trip six mths later. It's part of a small group so check out others in its level.

Boomtownsurprise Fri 26-Dec-14 21:03:09

I thought it was clean, tidy, safe and fun. Our kids under five and they were good with babies and older kids. We went with eurocamp

Hope you find something helpful

Boomtownsurprise Fri 26-Dec-14 21:07:21

Oh fwiw my sil has been to another in same group in own caravan with her kids for eight years. Grangeoir. The chain is les castels

schmeegle Fri 26-Dec-14 21:43:40

Thank you! I had been looking at Grangeoir. I'm off now to check out Domaine des Ormes!

chilephilly Sat 27-Dec-14 07:23:27

We did fly/drive when we went to La Baume near Frejus. Mahoosive campsite but lovely pools and near enough to the beach. We went at Easter, I think it gets v busy in summer.

schmeegle Sun 28-Dec-14 08:08:47

Thanks Chilephilly!

schmeegle Mon 29-Dec-14 12:44:13

Update folks!

Thinking of flying into Rodez in June, hiring a car and staying at Les Rachisses in Ardeche.

Any opinions/experiences would be great!

Thanks.

helensteph Tue 30-Dec-14 11:19:51

If you're not fussed about a beach take a look at St Avit Loisirs in the Dordogne, as boomtownsurpirse mentioned Chateau des Ormes or some of the campsites in the Ardeche region.

schmeegle Wed 31-Dec-14 16:01:24

Thanks helensteph!

Actuality bit the bullet and booked Les Ranchisses last night, delighted with myself. Got a great early booking price, 20% off.

Roll on June grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now