Talk

Advanced search

What sheets to fit a SIM?

(5 Posts)
HolyDrinker Sun 16-Nov-14 13:56:50

We have two vango 7.5cm double SIMs for us and the DC.

Am thinking of getting a couple of those Dunelm teddy bear mattress toppers to put on them for added cosiness, but would like to put a sheet over the top as I don't like sleeping direct on that fleecy stuff.

Is there such a thing as a fitted sheet for a SIM or do I just buy SE double fitted sheets and make do? If so, any marvellous MN tips for making them actually fit, as I think a standard sheet will be too big?

HolyDrinker Sun 16-Nov-14 13:57:29

*standard double fitted sheets. Not SE. I have nothing against Northern sheets.

Selvedge Mon 17-Nov-14 01:41:09

I have the very same mattress and made my own from an old double fitted sheet. I put it over the SIM, pinned it (being careful not to stab the mattress!) and stitched it. Did it very tight for a good fit and put it on before the fll unfurling for easy fitting. A normal sheet will never fit right because of the difference in depth.

Selvedge Mon 17-Nov-14 01:48:52

I also think the SIM would fit in a single Ikea duvet cover quite neatly. Might abandon my bespoke fitted sheet if this is the case!

HolyDrinker Mon 17-Nov-14 18:32:09

Ooh, that's a good idea. I'll bag one when we next go to ikea and give it a try. I'm no good at sewing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now