Talk

Advanced search

DD (10) needs sleeping bag - should I buy child or adult size?

(8 Posts)
Mummyinamask Sun 02-Nov-14 21:09:13

As title says really - DD going away for weekend and needs bag but I know nothing about such things. Is it worth buying a child size bag (she is quite tall) or is an adult folded over ok?
What about these mummy shapes?!

Any advice welcome!

bigTillyMint Sun 02-Nov-14 21:12:13

Adult. The children sized ones are pretty small - I think my two grew out of them by 10.
Mummy shapes are cosy but the DC didn't really like them as they couldn't move much inside them.
Is she going to be outside? Brora!

bigTillyMint Sun 02-Nov-14 21:12:30

Brrrr!

Springcleanish Sun 02-Nov-14 21:13:42

Adult definitely. Get her to try some to see which feels comfy. My DD can't sleep in a mummy one, she likes to sprawl, so has a pod type bag. Check the temperatures it is suitable for as well. A season two is just warm enough for an English summer, you need a three/ four season for spring/ autumn camping.

Wolfiefan Sun 02-Nov-14 21:16:57

Is she camping in or out?
I would go for an adult one. My DS likes mummy style. I think they are warmer but more restrictive.

Mummyinamask Sun 02-Nov-14 21:20:46

Wow! So many replies so fast! Thank you!

She will be indoors but is a wriggler so adult it is.

Thanks again - you have saved me hours of online shopping indecision smile

cyclecamper Sun 09-Nov-14 21:47:49

Adult and if it's too long tie a belt around the bottom to shorten it until it fits.

winewolfhowls Mon 12-Jan-15 09:57:58

I am in my thirties and still use the sleeping bag i got when i was ten (its cotton lined and soft so is used underneath my newer bag).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now