Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Touring campsite in Loire valley

(13 Posts)
poorbuthappy Tue 28-Oct-14 18:01:00

We use our caravan in the UK but always tend to stay in statics in France. But next year we are determined to tow to Loire Valley. We have stayed there previously so know the area, but there's a lot of choice. So any recommendations?

Thank you. grin

lentilpot Thu 30-Oct-14 17:44:43

Azay le rideau campsite is lovely! Riverside, pool, stroll into town (lovely town and chateau), highly recommended.

twattock Thu 30-Oct-14 17:47:12

The is a really nice one at chenonceaux, next to the bridge. UK campsite has loads

poorbuthappy Sun 02-Nov-14 20:14:53

Thank you. I always go cross eyed looking through UK campsite. grin

MyHovercraftIsFullOfEels Sun 02-Nov-14 20:22:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

VivaLeBeaver Sun 02-Nov-14 20:24:45

Marking place. I'm also determined to tow to France for the first time next year and Loire is one place I'm thinking of.

MyHovercraftIsFullOfEels Sun 02-Nov-14 20:29:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

robindeer Sun 02-Nov-14 20:31:28

Lovely one on an island in the Loire in Amboise-http://www.campsite-amboise.com

Really well equipped and in a beautiful town with a château (Da Vinci lived there towards the end of his a life).

robindeer Sun 02-Nov-14 20:32:38

Sorry, try again!

www.campsite-amboise.com

SummerSazz Sun 02-Nov-14 20:34:32

There is a lovely municipal campsite in Preuilly Sur Claise in the Southern Loire. So, not close to the Chateaux (c. 45mins-1hr away) but good for a relax after. It's on the river and very close to town with a good market and boulangerie. It also has a swimming pool next door which IIRC is free. Close by is Le Roche Posay known for its healing waters and Descartes. There are usually some good Son et Lumiere and Brocantes locally too.

here

poorbuthappy Sun 02-Nov-14 22:27:35

We would like 1 with a great swimming pool and slides. I know it's not always the best thing but my kids love a water slide. And with 3 of them we are outnumbered so it's just easier with a great water complex!!!

poorbuthappy Sun 02-Nov-14 22:28:44

And we've been Iooking at new vans today so I'm all swept away with enthusiasm. gringrin

millimat Mon 03-Nov-14 17:35:02

We go abroad with our caravan. It's easier than in the uk. Roads are much quieter so towing isn't an issue. Caravan club website does the best deals usually on ferries and tunnel.
We stayed at chateau des Marais www.chateau-des-marais.com next to chambord chateau. Not the prettiest of the Loire areas but very accessible for all regions of the Loire. Could spend days alone at chambord tbh. The site is quite busy, has indoor and outdoor pools (it wasn't that warm when we went despite it being August) and water slides that dcs loved.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now