Talk

Advanced search

Help with Brittany camping

(9 Posts)
Lamby80 Thu 09-Oct-14 16:40:30

Hi
We are thinking of trying Brittany for our holiday next year. We have all of the camping gear, and more, so am really looking for advice as to where would be best. Our son will be 3, so a pool is a must, and preferably near a beach but near enough to a town that we could have a stroll in the evening. I generally do not like places with masses of entertainment but some would be nice. We have the 2nd week of July for this - any advice appreciated!!

MillyMollyMama Thu 09-Oct-14 17:12:25

We went to a static camp site, but I would investigate the Carnac and Trinte Sur Mer region. Lots of beaches at TSM and not too far to drive if you get the ferry to St Malo. Further North, Benodet is a lot busier and fairly modern but has lots going on in the summer. There are camp sites there. Benodet is close the Quimper and TSM is close to Vannes so you can have a look around these beautiful towns too. TSM is a yachting village so there are loads of restaurants and it is lovely to walk around although it is not particularly old.

badger21 Fri 10-Oct-14 09:14:01

We loved Led Druides at Carnac - very chilled out. Nice pool and facilities, short walk to beaches.

Nobloomingideapgornot Fri 10-Oct-14 19:29:10

Try camping du letty in Benodet, brilliant site, has a lovely little pool, right by the estuary with beach, onsite bar/entertainment. Only a 20 min walk from the main town centre with a sandy beach and loads of restaurants and shops, there was an lovely market too.

Carantec - we stayed at Les mouettes which is a Yelloh village site. Much bigger, fantastic pool and organised kids club with daily activities. Nice onsite bar/entertainment although the main village was very quiet as we went at end of season.

I would without a doubt get the ferry to Roscoff, we did calais to Benodet two yrs ago which was 9.5 hrs driving from Calais!!
From St Malo your looking at 4/5 hours for both regions
Roscoff is only 20 mins from Les mouettes and about an hour from du letty

SummerSazz Fri 10-Oct-14 19:33:09

I second Les Druides at Carnac. Brilliant toddler pool, close to beaches and other amenities.

Flappingandflying Sun 12-Oct-14 14:21:36

Carantec is lovely. Went to the campsite years ago so don't know what that is like but village is lovely as is coast round there. Yummy crepperies

twill Wed 15-Oct-14 12:19:19

Take a look at Camping Holidays Brittany

MummyTheGregor Wed 10-Dec-14 13:14:28

la plage at trinitie sur mer... wonderful x

helensteph Tue 30-Dec-14 11:22:31

Agree with Nobloomingideapgornot have stayed at Les Mouettes on several occasions and it's a very good campsite. Entertainment is available if you want it and the swimming pool is fantastic. check out Go Camp France

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now