Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone been to Vilanova Parc, near Barcelona?

(4 Posts)
speechiesusie Sun 21-Sep-14 00:34:50

Second thread I've started - considering two choices for next summer - this place and a place in Tuscany.

Anyone been? Was it quiet at night?

Thanks!

Chicksy Sun 16-Nov-14 11:06:10

We were there Easter week.

The site was quite full Easter weekend full so probably very representative of the Summer. It was really quiet at night despite the numbers. Security go round too to keep it that way.

iwantgin Mon 17-Nov-14 16:35:46

yes. I went in August 2011 (?)

It is a big campsite. We went with Thomson Al Fresco - our mobile home was at the south side of the site - not too far from the shop and main entertainment areas.

I can't say I found it noisy at night particularly. Once the main entertainment was finished there wasn't much else to do.

But it is a huge place - lots there. The pools were always packed - and it was almost impossible to get a seat by the stage for evening show/disco.

we didn't have a car with us. There is a bus stop right outside the park - it is about 20 minutes or so on the bus down into Vilanova i la Geltru - which is a medium size town, nice beaches. Not at all 'brits-abroad'. There is also a train station, so you can get into BArcelona quite cheaply.

It's a few years ago now - so a bit hazy - but we had a nice time. i had no complaints (apart from the mosquitos) .

Celticlass2 Tue 06-Jan-15 16:23:41

just seen this thread after I started another one about this park. Iwantgin Did you find it easy enough to get around without having a car. Looking at here for a possibility for
October half term, but prefer not to hire a car. Was it easy enough to get from Barcelona airport to the site by bus/ train?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now