Talk

Advanced search

Inflatable Tents opinions please

(11 Posts)
Plumsieinaonesie Fri 04-Apr-14 11:55:00

We are looking at getting another family tent and we are very confused in what to get. Have had a halfords family tent, and a gelert tunnel tent in the past.

DH is very keen on the inflatable tents,, but they are expensive.

We are a family of 6, kids aged 10-18mths.

Any info gratefully rec'd.

ViviPru Fri 04-Apr-14 15:26:47

Watching with interest. We're currently weighing up our options and can't decide between a canvas pyramid tent (see my other thread on De-Waard style tents) or an inflatable.

Our thinking is most of our camping trips are long weekends rather than a week or longer stays. So it would make sense to invest in ease of erection (oo-er). Really interested to hear others' views.

Flappingandflying Sat 05-Apr-14 12:18:38

They are very expensive. For that price, I'd get a second hand older folding camper which at least means you sleep off the floor. But then I can't decide whether to buy one of those or not.

MrsMot Sat 05-Apr-14 12:25:02

We have one. It's great. Very easy to put up, very strong in windy conditions. The fabric tends to be thicker as they're a premium product.

ViviPru Sat 05-Apr-14 17:16:37

Which model do you have, MrsMot?

MrsMot Sat 05-Apr-14 19:29:49

Vango Infinity 800 - there are 6 of us so we prefer lots of space

Lettucesnow Sat 05-Apr-14 19:39:13

I've got a Vango Air Way Kela Awning for my campervan. It is up in about 8 minutes! It's the pegging out that takes the time...as with any tent.

I know it was expensive but I needed it NOW! Not in 5 years time when the price comes down.

I'm loving the fact that I can put it up all by myself.

MrsMot Sun 06-Apr-14 13:28:53

Here's a picture of it, there's also a canopy you can add which is where we cook.

ViviPru Sun 06-Apr-14 15:48:24

Ooooooooooooo

MrsMot Sun 06-Apr-14 16:47:28

The pods are a really good size and there's loads of living space. I luffs it.

MsRyanGosling Sun 06-Apr-14 19:21:56

envy grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now