Talk

Advanced search

What do I do with my cooking stuff?

(6 Posts)
Changebagsandgladrags Sun 30-Mar-14 09:51:55

I've bought a camping stove one that you use a gas bottle with. There seems to be split opinions on cooking inside v outside your tent. I will be cooking outside.

At the moment, I haven't bought a tarp, utility tent, windbreak or anything, nor a stand for the stove. I'm still getting around the practicalities of it all.

My main question is what do a do with everything overnight if it's all outside? How do I guard against theft? Or is camping in the UK just not the place where people would walk off with your stuff?

I've only camped at festivals here and in the US with a tiny tent and no equipment to nick.

hz Sun 30-Mar-14 19:51:05

We leave stove, gas etc outside ther tent. Rain won't hurt it and no one has ever walked off with anything like that on any campsite I've stayed at. Same with table and stuff like that. I usually put chairs away so they aren't wet in the morning, in tent if you have room or under car.

Thumbcat Sun 30-Mar-14 20:09:00

I have mine either on the ground or on a table, under a tarp of gazebo. It stays there at night, along with table, chairs, cool box and various other bits and bobs. I've never had anything taken.

FourArms Sun 30-Mar-14 20:09:55

Same here and most people follow suit.

Blu Sun 30-Mar-14 21:25:18

Good luck to anyone who tried to nick our stove in the night - it rattles a lot!

Changebagsandgladrags Sun 30-Mar-14 21:52:20

Ah yes, mine is very rattley..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now