Talk

Advanced search

Recommended campsites near(ish) to Cheddar Gorge?

(9 Posts)
Mam23 Sat 22-Mar-14 22:07:57

Looking to go in August. Kids aged 4-8. Would like 'real' loos and showers and ideally a playground on site. Any recommendations?

Keepcalmanddrinkwine Sat 22-Mar-14 22:10:11

Marking my place as there are loads so I'll try to remember names and get back to you. I know of one right by Cheddar that is great but Brean isn't far if you want somewhere busy with bars and arcades etc.

Mam23 Sat 22-Mar-14 22:14:22

Fab. Thank you. I googled but the lists seem a bit overwhelming.

Onykahonie Sun 23-Mar-14 10:07:00

Hi,

We stayed here: www.greenacres-camping.co.uk/
We went in Easter, so it was really quiet, but it looks like there are loads of kids' activities in the summer.

Thumbcat Sun 23-Mar-14 11:31:10

Greenacres is fab.

Mam23 Sun 23-Mar-14 19:14:17

Thanks. Greenacres was one I looked at last night. Nice to hear positive feedback about it.

I don't think we necessarily need busy or too many activities but a playground is a must. We live near the penines so camp on hills away from civilisation quite a lot!

AmandinePoulain Tue 25-Mar-14 06:57:56

We stayed at Bucklegrove a few years ago. There's a play area next to a beer garden <perfection wink>, and a small indoor pool. Plus if you've got little ones a bathroom with a full sized bath, which we found handy smile

Mam23 Tue 25-Mar-14 13:46:32

That sounds lovely Amandine. Thanks.

Ledkr Sat 29-Mar-14 18:18:20

Broadway house is good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now