Talk

Advanced search

Recommended campsites near(ish) to Cheddar Gorge?

(9 Posts)
Mam23 Sat 22-Mar-14 22:07:57

Looking to go in August. Kids aged 4-8. Would like 'real' loos and showers and ideally a playground on site. Any recommendations?

Keepcalmanddrinkwine Sat 22-Mar-14 22:10:11

Marking my place as there are loads so I'll try to remember names and get back to you. I know of one right by Cheddar that is great but Brean isn't far if you want somewhere busy with bars and arcades etc.

Mam23 Sat 22-Mar-14 22:14:22

Fab. Thank you. I googled but the lists seem a bit overwhelming.

Onykahonie Sun 23-Mar-14 10:07:00

Hi,

We stayed here: www.greenacres-camping.co.uk/
We went in Easter, so it was really quiet, but it looks like there are loads of kids' activities in the summer.

Thumbcat Sun 23-Mar-14 11:31:10

Greenacres is fab.

Mam23 Sun 23-Mar-14 19:14:17

Thanks. Greenacres was one I looked at last night. Nice to hear positive feedback about it.

I don't think we necessarily need busy or too many activities but a playground is a must. We live near the penines so camp on hills away from civilisation quite a lot!

AmandinePoulain Tue 25-Mar-14 06:57:56

We stayed at Bucklegrove a few years ago. There's a play area next to a beer garden <perfection wink>, and a small indoor pool. Plus if you've got little ones a bathroom with a full sized bath, which we found handy smile

Mam23 Tue 25-Mar-14 13:46:32

That sounds lovely Amandine. Thanks.

Ledkr Sat 29-Mar-14 18:18:20

Broadway house is good.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: