Talk

Advanced search

Camping in or around New Forest.

(8 Posts)
Lamby80 Thu 20-Mar-14 15:50:30

Hello
Can anyone recommend a campsite in the New Forest area with EHU?
We are taking our ds camping for the first time in May. He would have just turned 2. We unfortunately cannot arrive until Monday 26th which is the bank holiday and school break - are we going to be able to get a pitch?
Our ds is not a great sleeper, not sure how well he is going take this camping lark....i envisage night crying....

Cherriesarered Thu 20-Mar-14 16:04:15

I once camped in the new forest and all I can really remember about it was that the ground was very hard and we had to buy special tent pegs!

dietstartsmonday Thu 20-Mar-14 16:12:29

We like Hurst view near Lyndhurst ( I think) in the new forest. very relaxed there.

BakerandBell Thu 20-Mar-14 16:30:22

Not electric hookup types of places but we're local to the New Forest (Winchester) so can recommend Embers Camping http://www.emberscamping.co.uk near Beaulieu, tents only and campfires encouraged so brilliant for real, wild camping. Heard good things about Riverside Lakes and Tom's Field too.

in case you don't know the area, good thing about New Forest is if you get bored of the beautiful woodland it's really close to beaches - our favourite is Mudeford is great for crabbing and has lovely beach, Lymington not too far - little fishing port with fab fish and chips.

chicaguapa Fri 21-Mar-14 20:16:48

I haven't found anything else that comes close to Long Meadow in terms of value. It's in a lovely location between Brockenhurst and Lyndhurst.

Sid77 Fri 21-Mar-14 20:24:24

We stayed here in our camper van. It's a huge site that does get busy in the holidays, and it's worth booking, but off peak it's great. You can find a secluded spot, have a BBQ, and the ponies and donkeys wander around freely. We had nibble marks on our bumpers where they had tried to eat our camper an! There are some good cycle paths nearby and you can ride easily into brockenhurst and beaulieu. It's lovely.

Grittzio Fri 21-Mar-14 20:31:18

SandyBalls is located on edge of New Forest, haven't been yet, we are going in August, it has very good facilities, indoor and outdoor pool, indoor play area and lots of other activities.

vintagesewingmachine Fri 21-Mar-14 20:34:33

SandyBalls is ace. We went last June when it was boiling and had a fab time. Nice pool, great walks etc, etc. that was our second time there and the children are always clamouring to go back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now