Talk

Advanced search

Interesting Toilet set up at the campsite today :)

(7 Posts)
Milliways Sun 16-Mar-14 20:28:36

So, we tried 2 new campsites this weekend.

The first, Wicks Farm, was great for kids. Huge playground in a sandpit and a massive ball area with goal posts and a net for volletball/badminton, as we as a table tennis table all set up. Very close to West Wittering Beach - we will go back.

The second was a beautiful but basic site next to a canal. We were aware there is one toliet block, with on ladies loo & shower, 1 male loo + disabled loo and disabled/family shower (2 showers in the one huge cubicle). However, they are all accessed through the same door off 1 room with the single washing up sink in it.

The canal has a visitors centre with a tea room, and loads of people were canoeing, including 2 school bus loads. The loo block is also open to all the public. So, when I went to use the ladies this afternoon I expected to find a queue, but was not expecting about 8 young men all standing in their undies, drying off from the showers. The little kids in the queue were finding it fascinating (and commenting as such! smile

They don't put features like that on UK campsite grin

professorpoopsnagle Sun 16-Mar-14 21:17:35

Sounds like a good feature to me!

We've also been to Wicks farm and enjoyed it.

Milliways Sun 16-Mar-14 21:46:03

My DH didn't appreciate my enjoyment of the extras!

Shame about Wicks Farm is no bookings unless for 4 nights now - which means any weekend break becomes a gamble sad

hz Tue 18-Mar-14 09:49:23

2 campsites in one weekend! You are keen!

Milliways Tue 18-Mar-14 17:01:40

Yep - DH has a new toy and we are taking it away this weekend too!

This year I have already had 1 campfire plus several outdoor cooked breakfasts and evening Barbeques (that were eaten in the van)

hz Wed 19-Mar-14 20:29:01

Do share - what's the new toy? New van?

Milliways Thu 20-Mar-14 22:37:52

Yes, upgraded to one with an "island" bed and very comfy sofas. It is more comfy than some of the mobile homes we have stayed in in France, so hopefully will give us some great holidays over the next few years.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now