Talk

Advanced search

Camping in South wales, recommendations please

(5 Posts)
fatcheeks1 Sat 08-Feb-14 15:45:42

Hi we are a family of 4 with a campervan and awning.Hardpitch, EHU would be ideal.The kids are 15 and 12 (or will be by August :>) )I remember going to Tenby many, many, many moons ago and walking in Pembrokeshire is it? Sorry, my knowledge of Wales is rubbish but we want to go this year instead of Dorset where we always go and although very beautiful still, it has become rather samey.Somewhere near a beach and walking would be fab.I also like castles/old ruins and am fascinated by standing stones/stone circles, you know the kinda thing.Kids arent too sporty but we all like the beach/sea.Some shopping would be good for DD too, she is into Vintage/Retro stuff, piercings.We normally like seaside towns as they have an old bit with more interesting shops.We don't have a dog, a firepit would be good but I know many campsites don't allow them.
TIA

IwishIwasmoreorganised Sun 09-Feb-14 21:34:05

Caerfai Bay is lovely when the weather is fine. Not a lot of shopping for your dd though.

fatcheeks1 Sun 09-Feb-14 22:58:10

That looks lovely, thank you.The scenary is stunning.I think we will definately look into this.We can shop anywhere, any time, don't worry.

monkeyfacegrace Sun 09-Feb-14 23:00:16

Look at South Cockett in Pembrokeshire. Littlehaven, broadhaven, druidstonehaven all nice beaches.

fatcheeks1 Mon 10-Feb-14 18:53:54

Thanks mfg, will do:>)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now