Talk

Advanced search

Campsite good for small children on bikes

(6 Posts)
JeanBodel Wed 05-Feb-14 16:05:47

My kids are aged 5 and 6 and are learning to ride their bikes. I need a campsite where I can pitch up and let them roam around practicing.

I was thinking Holmsley might be good because iirc it's all flat and has lots of concrete paths.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

TIA.

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 05-Feb-14 16:59:10

How about a lumber Park?

lisad123everybodydancenow Wed 05-Feb-14 17:06:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

myfavouritethings Wed 05-Feb-14 20:08:49

Holmsley is exactly where my DD learned to ride her bike - there's a very very long strip of tarmac just outside the campsite which is a perfect stretch for practice.

Too many twists and turns on the paths oflocal park ... and didn't want to run over the little kids playing there wink

Pumpkin567 Thu 06-Feb-14 19:56:32

Clumber park is perfect! Miles of gentle trails. Big field to practice on, with a very, very gentle slope.
Lovely place.

JeanBodel Fri 07-Feb-14 10:50:44

Thanks for the replies.

We do take them to the local park as well. I promise I won't let them ride into anyone's tent. They have no confidence at all at the moment so they're barely riding anyway. And this is with stabilisers.

Clumber Park looks fantastic - I will definitely think about going. It's about 4 hours away from us but I think it would be worth the drive.

Holmsley's quite close so we'll probably go there first.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now