Talk

Advanced search

First camping trip in France!!

(7 Posts)
katherine80 Tue 28-Jan-14 21:31:25

Could anyone please recommend a campsite in the Vendee we are looking for a site with night entertainment and pool as well as near a beach! Some of the campsites we looked at seemed huge and others so tiny, any advice would be greatly received about campsites in France.

shirazplease Tue 28-Jan-14 21:38:24

we loved domaine des forges although the website doesn't really do it any favours! Makes it look a bit brash. Had so much fun that we're going back for a 2nd year this summer

katherine80 Tue 28-Jan-14 22:19:01

Thankyou will look into that must be good if going back for a second time, did you find the weather warm enough?

shirazplease Wed 29-Jan-14 19:26:02

Over 2 weeks we had 2 drizzly days and the rest were lovely. I'd say mid to high 20s. Although what did take us by surprise, was how cold it was once the sun had set. Thankfully, we went to France straight from camp bestival, so had all the thick duvets and flannel pjs etc with us

bedhaven Thu 30-Jan-14 16:31:01

Watching and hoping someone who's been there recommends Yelloh le littoral. We've just booked our first ever more than a long weekend camping trip there start of July. Hoping my DH is more convinced about the joys of my beautiful bell tent with hopes of sunshine and French beer! The walkable beach is a bit rocky but they have a shuttle bus which will be entertainment in itself for the toddlers. Seeing it gets chilly I'll definitely invest in fleecy pj's for me as well as the kids.

MrsPnut Sun 02-Feb-14 21:31:28

We went to ferme du latois last year on a mumsnet recommendation and we had a great holiday. We were about 25minutes drive to the beach and the campsite was very peaceful.

Flappingandflying Sat 08-Feb-14 18:46:39

Le Pin Parasol is nice. We looked round and its a nice site. Not near a beach but a fab site is La Garangeoire. We are going back for the fourth year. Many people go for years and book for next year as they leave. Owners are strict and its a tight run ship. Lots of activities and te restaurant is fab (ex michelin trained chef).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now