Talk

Advanced search

Camp Bestival - Camping Plus

(23 Posts)
bella89 Tue 21-Jan-14 21:17:18

Hi we're booking for Camp Bestival and have decided to go for Camping Plus, can anyone give any advise about the best area to be in. we have 3 dc's 6, 5, 2, thanks

shirazplease Wed 22-Jan-14 21:47:11

I recommend somewhere near the middle. We've done near the arena, which was v noisy ALL night long, and last year we did near the car parking, which was great for unpacking / packing, but was a heck of a trek to the main arena. I've yet to book this years camping plus, but will go somewhere middle of the road. Enjoy!

lisad123everybodydancenow Thu 23-Jan-14 16:02:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bella89 Fri 24-Jan-14 14:35:02

Thanks for the advise -also looking forward to it

ernesttheBavarian Fri 24-Jan-14 14:47:56

ooh, I'm going to CB for the 1st time this year. Have 4 dc aged 5 - 14. Any tips? No idea what to expect.

bella89 Fri 24-Jan-14 16:02:58

1st time for us too-tips would be good

shirazplease Tue 28-Jan-14 21:35:09

Hello there first timers. I've just found this blog on the CB website, I've just read through it, and I'd say it's all pretty sensible advice

Camp Bestival tips

Squiffyagain Tue 28-Jan-14 21:44:10

Purple - indigo - blue on the southern side (usually bottom of picture). If you go to the north/top you are on a slope. Near the bottom/right of the purple-indigo you are close to showers/red bus (bacon rolls in morning, hot choc at night). But avoid the very bottom row as that is next to the thoroughfare.

But. It's a long trek to car park so get there before opening, otherwise you have to haul your stuff up a steep hill before you even get to the entrance of the camping area.

Moosy Wed 29-Jan-14 11:23:56

Last year we were late to book so no choice, we were in the violet, right at the top right on the map. Access was great but we were really far from the showers and nice toilets and it was loud all night (though the children were exhausted every day so slept through it anyway). The red area is very quiet but it's about a half mile walk to the entrance so a bit too far really. This year we've booked green, on the top edge, I hadn't thought about the slope, I hope it's not too bad!

Moosy Wed 29-Jan-14 11:25:03

And my most useful top from last year is that the food is expensive, so cook as much as you can. We only took food for breakfast and the first night and regretted it, we spent a fortune!

lisasturge Sun 02-Feb-14 09:41:50

In the middle is perfect, green/yellow, not too far from the car, not too far from the site but no music noise late at night. Slope isn't an issue,we've always had a flat spot.

We've bought tickets for this year but because of work we can't go - anyone got any ideas where to sell the tickets as they wont refund but we can transfer them? I'm absolutely gutted as we go every year,

We eat breakfast at the tent and then make a packed lunch to take onto the site with us ad then treat ourselves for the evening meal to some of the gorgeous food on offer. Watch the wall of death - it's amazing. And hang out with the bluecoats, they are incredibly funny and there's always great stuff going on in their area. Visit Disco Shed in the evening. Oh, and take wine boxes, ideal as no decanting from glass bottles!!

oh lisasturge what a shame.

we've just bought tickets, first timers and v excited.

thanks for the blog link shiraz.

We used to go to the Big Chill before it got cancelled and learnt to take a couple of frozen meals that defrost slowly - chilli con carne, curry, that sort of thing. But I love the idea of making a packed lunch for during the day.

we arent doing camping plus - am i making a huge mistake?

lisasturge Sun 02-Feb-14 10:38:34

no, the other camp site is still great. The best thing about plus is the tents are laid out in rows and the kids can play games of cricket and things up and done the really wide paths, but it's really not essential.

Rootvegetables Sun 02-Feb-14 10:40:45

We have tickets we can't use as well, surprise twins arriving at beginning of August! Any ideas?!

thanks Lisa. I'd rather have the extra spending money than pay extra for camping plus. its going to be expensive enough as it is!

NowRising Wed 05-Feb-14 10:05:21

We did normal camping the first year & it was awful. Always camping plus now - somewhere in the middle, ideally on a corner

Oh no nowrising! What was awful about it?

Bearcrumble Sat 24-May-14 10:27:35

We (Big Fish Little Fish - family raves) are doing a giveaway for a free upgrade to Camping Plus - have a look at our newsletter here us7.campaign-archive2.com/?u=a1c4407510d3f1eec00c1c61e&id=5133ec50a3

We're playing in the Bollywood on Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 2-4pm so do pop in for a dance and to say hello - there's craft activities, a dressing up box and light-up poi dancers plus some fantastic DJs (one of whom will be heavily pregnant).

Hannah and I who organise BFLF actually met on a mumsnet postnatal thread in 2010...

Hashtag1 Wed 02-Jul-14 21:34:11

Hiya, does anyone have camping plus tickets that they don't want anymore? If it's possible to transfer them on I'm happy to buy tickets off you for those on this thread who have said that they can't go anymore!

Beckyfrg Thu 17-Jul-14 21:02:30

Hi. I'm also looking for camping plus tickets as I feel I've made a huge mistake not buying them. Going with my little ones 9,6 and 5 months and another family so need two pitches. Can anyone help? Would like middle of the site if poss. Thanks. B. x

MrsBDarling Thu 22-Jan-15 15:39:28

This will be our 1st year at Camp Bestival we were going to camp, but a friend has offered us use of a campervan. So now trying to decide between campervan and camping. Going with a single child (8), am really hoping son will make friends, and just have this feeling camping maybe more... communal.

Grateful for any suggestions
x

CharleyT Fri 24-Jul-15 14:01:48

We have two camping
Plus tickets for sale, does anyone know someone looking for a ticket? Would like them to go to a good home for nice neighbours!

Secondtimemummy82 Wed 29-Jul-15 12:26:41

CharleyT do you still have the camping plus ticket? I'm desperate to get one - how much do you want?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now