Talk

Advanced search

Yorkshire/Derbyshire Campsites Recommendations?

(6 Posts)
Wiggletastic Sun 14-Jul-13 16:38:13

OH has managed to get a week off at the start of August so we are going to travel down from Glasgow to visit friends in Northants but we would like a few days camping on the way down. We are looking for a nice campsite in Yorkshire or Derbyshire - tent pitch with electric hook-up and preferably a play area for DD age 4. Any recs ladies??

alexw Sun 14-Jul-13 20:33:14

We're off to golden valley in ripley tomorrow. Will report back.

Ffuntimewincies Sun 14-Jul-13 20:44:12

We stayed here last summer. Even in the revolting weather, the kids had a great time and the owners were really helpful. Good, clean wash areas and a play area. We plan to return soon smile.

AnAirOfHope Sun 14-Jul-13 20:48:23

Spooky, I was just coming on to ask the same question.

Im looking for a family friendly camp site in Yorkshire. I have a 4yo and a 1 yo so lookong for pool and playpark.

So I will watch thread with interest grin

hannahem Mon 15-Jul-13 12:06:53

We've stayed at Humble Bee Farm recently, nr Filey on the Yorkshire coast, it was soo lovely, very family friendly. Hoping to go back ourselves for another weekend camp at some point over the summer!

SingingSands Wed 17-Jul-13 21:01:58

Humble Bee Farm is lovely. Dh took DD a couple of years ago, they had a lovely time, nice small camping field, lovely atmosphere, clean facilities, wee playpark for DD, even collected their own eggs for breakfast from thr resident chickens! Filey and Scarborough nearby for beach fun, and a Morrisons a short drive down the road for stocking up on supplies. Ive recommended to friends who have gone on to stay and they loved it too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now