Talk

Advanced search

Please help me crank up the enthusiasm

(12 Posts)
MrsDoolittle Mon 05-Jun-06 22:02:44

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

nicnack2 Mon 05-Jun-06 22:09:03

camp light?

MrsDoolittle Mon 05-Jun-06 22:11:50

Uhmmm this must be true. How dumb am I?

Any idea what is the best and safest to go for?

roisin Mon 05-Jun-06 22:15:20

Have a great time.
What site are you going to?

MrsDoolittle Mon 05-Jun-06 22:23:22

This one

roisin Mon 05-Jun-06 22:28:25

I've been: it's gorgeous: you'll love it.

We used to live at Woodstock and took our kids up there a couple of times when they were tiny. Where do you live?

Have you booked already? I would recommend not being too near the children's playground with littlies, as the older children will play there quite late in the evenings and may disturb yours.

JessaJam Mon 05-Jun-06 22:34:40

If you'll have electricity just take along a little desk lamp that you can extend and angle...means you and DH can read without light shining in lo's eyes...also take a torch for those night time treks to the toilets!
You might have fun with a dog in a tent..ours was totally bemused an amazed when he first camped with us, and spent the 1st night snuffling about exploring the camping kitchen, the bin bag and the spec between inner and outer tent ...the 2nd night we got back from walking him, opened the boot of the car to get something out, he jumped in and wouldn't get out, so now he sleeps in the car instead...then again, your dog may be totally chilled about the whole thing...

MrsDoolittle Mon 05-Jun-06 22:39:56

I wondered about that Jess.

We are in Newbury now, roisin. So not far.

JessaJam Mon 05-Jun-06 22:42:57

wondered about the light or the dog!? Or both??

our dog is fine in the car, leave windows open - you can buy one of those crissy crossy window things to stop houdini impressions if your dog is that way inclined.

MrsDoolittle Tue 06-Jun-06 11:06:56

The dog - we only have a little wussy beagle. She would be fine in the car, we have a secure dog guard in any case. It would honk next day though!!

MrsDoolittle Tue 06-Jun-06 11:10:52

Sleeping bags arrived today !

nicnack2 Tue 06-Jun-06 21:26:36

i have a battery operated light(loks like a latern) form Millets. Any out door shop will have them. Also the anti midgy things that you burn at night time may help.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: