Talk

Advanced search

best thing about your last camping exped....worst thing....

(15 Posts)
Blandmum Sun 04-Jun-06 18:08:01

Best thing.....watching the kids play in a little brook in the sunlight under the trees

Worst thing.....trapping my thumb in the camping bed and having to have a hole drilled in the nail to let the blood out!

Mazzystar Sun 04-Jun-06 18:08:52

So, on balance, was that a good or bad trip?

(Ouch)

Blandmum Sun 04-Jun-06 18:09:46

fantastic! loved our time there....with the exception of the thumb incident. The mozzie bits are bad as well but that tends to happen wherever we go!

LucyCampCat Sun 04-Jun-06 18:21:22

Best thing - this is tough,do I have to choose just one?
The way the dd's adapted to life under canvas, sorry nylon.

Worst thing - having to come home

roisin Sun 04-Jun-06 18:24:00

Best thing ... the freedom for the boys. They were really adventurous, went off exploring in the woods on their own, made loads of friends.
Worst thing ... the freedom for the boys. They were really adventurous and ds2 broke his arm
and that meant I felt morally obliged to let him sleep on my airbed on the second night, and I slept on the floor.
(On the first night - when he hadn't yet convinced me of the seriousness of his injury I made him sleep on the floor )

Mazzystar Sun 04-Jun-06 18:25:17

Best thing: how much DS LOVED it
Worst thing: needing to pee in the middle of the night

mb - where were you?

fullmoonfiend Sun 04-Jun-06 18:29:58

Best thing, the boys running across the field with an enormous bubble wand for hours and just laughing and laughing.

Worst thing: the ignorant bunch of about 30 bastards who infiltrated the (rather new) family campsite and proceeded to party all night and just ignored any requests to shut up/turn the music down etc at 2am, 3am, 4am etc.
The campsite owners had no-one offical on site over night, so although there was a sign saying 'no large groups', as soon as the site supervisors went home at 8pm, in came all the troublemakers

Blandmum Sun 04-Jun-06 18:30:07

mazzystar....beddgelert

roisin, we also love the extra freedom that it gives the kids. How is your ds now?

roisin Sun 04-Jun-06 21:29:37

He's doing OK now. He's elbow is still a bit mis-shapen, but hasn't been causing him any pain; he's been wearing the sling less and only having a very occasional dose of calpol for the pain. Fracture clinic tomorrow, so we'll see what they say.

KVG Mon 05-Jun-06 23:09:25

Message withdrawn

sallystrawberry Mon 05-Jun-06 23:16:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CristinaTheAstonishing Tue 06-Jun-06 00:11:41

Best thing: seeing how much DS and DD enjoyed it.

Worst thing: DS being bitten by spiders or some kind of bugs on our second night.

at some of your misadventures. I hope all recover well and quickly.

Wisp Tue 06-Jun-06 12:53:11

We went to Devon for Whitsun.
Best: watching DS and DD making other friends
Worst: Packing everything up and squashing it all back into the car!

Surfermum Tue 06-Jun-06 19:35:52

Best thing was our game of "ou est le peg" which lasted all weekend. There were 5 families in our group and what you had to do was attach the peg to someone without them noticing. If anyone shouted "ou est le peg", if you had it you had to do the washing up, or whatever task was required. DD, bless her, kept saying to me "Mummy, why have you got a peg on your back?".

Worst thing was the hangover on Saturday morning, closely followed by the mozzies.

JessaJam Tue 06-Jun-06 19:39:10

Best thing...sunshine! And how fab the new tent is
Worst thing...ds fell out of the camper van when my back was turned <slaps self...NEVER turn back on 10mo...> he was a bit...um...suprised, but fine, I however was racked with the guilts

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: