Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Camping in berkshire?

(4 Posts)
Whipple Thu 27-Jun-13 15:29:52

We want to camp near home for the first night away as a trial run.

But everywhere I have looked is either a minimum of two nights or means camping on very rough ground (wellington and california country park). I don't want to ruin the tent on the first night away.

Does anyone know of any campsites in Berkshire where we can stay for one night. A basic field would be fine!

hillbilly Thu 27-Jun-13 22:19:44

Is Buckinghamshire too far? We went to www.townfarmcamping.co.uk in May and it was so brilliant. Great site, friendly owner and amazing views. I highly recommend it!

Kahlua4me Fri 28-Jun-13 23:10:18

We went to Wellington a few years ago as it is near us too. I think the ground was ok on our pitch! Can't remember having a problem.
There is a site in Hurley that's supposed to be good. I haven't been there but friends have recommended it.

UptoapointLordCopper Sat 29-Jun-13 21:42:07

We've been to Wellington. It is good, very nice pitches. But ground was a bit on the harder side, I thought.

We've been to Hurley Riverside too. We had a great time. There were rabbits and red kites and a little nature trail at the bottom of the field. And a nice walk along the thames to a nice pub.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now