Talk

Advanced search

Bongo insurance

(12 Posts)
LakeFlyPie Mon 10-Jun-13 11:26:58

Just bought a Bongo and need insurance. Go Compare has come up with extortionate quotes. Would be grateful for recommendations. TIA smile

hz Mon 10-Jun-13 12:34:12

Ours is insured by Lifesure. You get a small discount if you are a member of Bongo Fury I think!

ArtexMonkey Mon 10-Jun-13 12:36:10

We have a vw and Just Kampers are doing a we will beat all insurance quotes thing this year so we've gone with them.

LakeFlyPie Mon 10-Jun-13 13:57:08

Thanks, Lifesure quoted £1600 shock , think part of the problem is we're keeping our current vehicles for now so can't transfer no claims. Will try Just Kampers and 2gether have been recommended too. V excited about collecting van tomorrow grin

AmandinePoulain Mon 10-Jun-13 14:01:11

We're with Liverpool Victoria, it's a special policy for classic cars that we were offered for our 1998 T4 hmm, but it was far cheaper than what I was paying for the Clio I sold to buy it. We went through a broker, I think they're called Advance Insurance. If you join the C&C club they offer insurance too, that's my plan for next year smile

ArtexMonkey Mon 10-Jun-13 14:18:43

Oooh, yeah C&C sites are brilliant if you have kids, clean, quiet, nice facilities etc.

hz Mon 10-Jun-13 16:45:44

Wow! Our's was only £293 with Lifesure. It is our second vehicle but we went for quite low mileage - less that 5,000 per year. I'm sure they were able to mirror our new claims bonus we just had to send evidence that we had it on other vehicles. Did you actually speak to them direct or just get a quote from a website? Interested to know why it would be so different!

allmycats Mon 10-Jun-13 16:49:05

try the Caravan Club - they insure camper vans as well as caravans

hackneyzoo Mon 10-Jun-13 20:51:33

We got ours insured through 2gether via the bongo fury insurance page. Ours was around £600 for a year including european breakdown cover, DP and I both have speeding points atm so that pushed it up I think.
If you joing CC or Bongo Fury you get a discount.

LakeFlyPie Tue 11-Jun-13 00:12:46

Thanks for all the info, have gone with 2gether insurance and embarked on what will no doubt be a funfilled money pit adventure in camping / Bongo-ing.

Trying not to get too excited and launch multiple threads regarding awnings, campsites near and far and a million other topics until the van is in our possession and has made the 50 mile journey home hmm

Will be back tomorrow all being well.....

hz Tue 11-Jun-13 13:18:46

So exciting! Welcome to the wonderful world of Bongo ownership LakeFlyPie.

zumo Tue 11-Jun-13 14:05:58

Dont forget every diesel Bongo should get one of these fitted
www.coolantalarm.co.uk/shop/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=3

www.bongofury.co.uk
is a very friendly forum.
I pay £175ish as a second car 3000 mile limit parked on the drive, its often cheaper if you have a camper than just a van, so I fitted a small kitchen in my boot, we can brew up and insurance is far cheaper
www.peterbestinsurance.co.uk/

Any Bongo questions just ask, I have a N reg Tintop 8 seater with a kitchen in the boot

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now