Advanced search

Bell tent vs Soul pad? Any difference?

(9 Posts)
lisad123everybodydancenow Fri 31-May-13 17:28:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LifeofPo Fri 31-May-13 19:49:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MummyPigsFatTummy Fri 31-May-13 23:35:20

I think Soulpad is a bit cheaper isn't it? it used to be anyway. I have heard much better things about Soulpad's customer service than Bell Tent's. The kicker for me would be that Bell Tent are the ones with the restrictive agreement with Obelink in the Netherlands which means that Obelink won't ship their much cheaper tents to the UK any more.

I have bought from neither, however, having managed to get lucky with Obelink on a couple of occasions, so none of this is from personal experience.

NettleTea Sat 01-Jun-13 19:26:44

Soulpad have been absolutely lovely to me everytime Ive had dealings with them

TheRealMBJ Sat 01-Jun-13 20:19:05

Soulpad. The service is excellent

zanz1bar Sat 01-Jun-13 20:44:37

Bought my 5m from bell tent, all arrived on time and no problems.

SmellsLikeWeenSpirits Sat 01-Jun-13 20:50:31

In wouldn't buy from bell tent because of their wanky agreement with obelink. They will
Sell all over the world except the uk as they supply bell tent uk who charge £100 extra

I bought mine from karma canvas, it has a mosquito door which was v useful when DC were crawling, don't think either of the others do, they may have changed but they didn't then

bedhaven Wed 05-Jun-13 01:55:13

I have a soul pad and agree the customer service was excellent. My friends have from bell tent, the only difference we could identify when recently put up nextto each other is the soul pad has canvas loops whilst the bell tent has elastic loops. Not sure if either is preferable.

Pimpf Sat 08-Jun-13 00:11:21

There is another difference,it's the zip. We don't put ours away done up, we have a separate bag or the groundsheet, when it comes to reattaching, the soul pad is slightly trickier as I think there are 3 or 4 zips, I'm not sure re belltent.co.uk but ours fom obelink is just 2 zips and much easier.

Saying that's its not a huge problem I suppose

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now