Talk

Advanced search

camping- bed for 2.5yo?

(8 Posts)
honneybunny Wed 24-May-06 15:06:20

we'll be going "camping" in a cottage in norway this summer. our 6 mo baby will be in a travelcot, but we need a sleeping arrangment for our 2.5yo. he's too big for a travelcot (he thinks they're for babies, and would climb out of it). i've seen these all-in-one mattresses (hi tech) on ebay. does anyone have experience with this? or can you recommend anything else??

PiccadillyCircus Wed 24-May-06 15:10:49

DS (2.5) has been using a readybed when we're staying somewhere else.

You can get them from lots of places - here's a link to one on ebay.

First Ready Bed

Bigger Ready bed

DS has a first ready bed with bumpers although he'd probably be OK with the larger type.

tessasmum Wed 24-May-06 15:10:55

We have used an ordinary single air-mattress since DD was 18mths, just take a big sheet/blanket to tuck everything in.

PiccadillyCircus Wed 24-May-06 15:11:30

They roll up into a small bag and have their own pump so nice and portable.

peachyClair Wed 24-May-06 15:19:23

Mine have readybeds too: they're excellent, and you can get them on ebay but don't expect to get a huge cheapy- they are popular. We use them in a tent although you're not recommnded to, but we add lots of duvets, etc.

Surfermum Mon 29-May-06 14:19:04

We got a readybed for dd too and it's great. I got it from Verbaudet and it was £12.99 if you ordered something else. I put in a discount code too and got the bed and a dress for £18! Bargain! I just checked and they're still doing the offer.

hovely Tue 30-May-06 09:56:57

or here is millets' example:
readybed

honneybunny Mon 05-Jun-06 12:25:17

thanks everyone for the advice: i had never even heard of these readybeds! i ordered a thomas the tankengine one, as ds1 is a huge fan. i can't wait to see his face when he comes home this afternoon!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: