Talk

Advanced search

close to the seaside and fires permitted- any suggestions for camping next week?

(7 Posts)
redhappy Mon 20-May-13 18:54:09

As the title really smile

AgentProvocateur Mon 20-May-13 19:06:48

Anywhere in scotland

redhappy Mon 20-May-13 19:11:16

ah, I am in south west, don't mind a bit of a drive, but under 3 hours preferably

hz Mon 20-May-13 20:30:40

Heritage Coast - Vale of Glamorgan, Mount Folly Farm - Bigbury On Sea, Porth Joke - nr Newquay. All allow campfires, although Porth Joke you need to take own fire brazier, fire must be off ground. All within walking distance of a beach. Heritage Coast's booking page says it is closed but it isn't just contact them. Hope that helps!

redhappy Tue 21-May-13 09:38:38

Ooh thanks! hz is it you that has the camping blog? I saw it linked to on another page, called Yellowfields I think? Fantastic blog! It reminded me of what I love about camping, and just hanging around in nature with the kids!

Blu Tue 21-May-13 09:44:12

Have a look at campsite UK and use the map search, and also the campfire search, and the beach search.

Nearish the sea and allowing fires, if E Sussex is OK for you, look at Alfriston Camping, or Hawbush Farm, (eastbourne direction, I think) or Nr Hastings - Freshwinds, or in Dorset Riverside Lakes or Longthorns Farm?

I haven't been to any of these.

hz Tue 21-May-13 10:06:36

Thanks redhappy, yes that's me! Nice to know I'm getting something right!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now