Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone been camping at a Haven site?

(12 Posts)
helpineedajob Fri 17-May-13 21:23:47

Would you recommend it?

I have been looking on there website at Thorpe Park? As I think that is the nearest to us (we live near the Trafford centre in Manchester) as our 1 year old is not keen on car journeys.

However we want to go somewhere our 4 year old will enjoy (he is a Butlins fan, but we only have a camping budget this year)

Any other recommendations for me to look at closer to home would be appreciated.

millimat Fri 17-May-13 22:17:42

I never ever thought I'd stay at a haven site, but my dc love them, and if they're happy, I'm happy. Its not cheap if you don't use the facilities like the pool though. We take our caravan. Would you be in a tent?

helpineedajob Fri 17-May-13 22:42:50

Yes we have a tent. For 4 nights it's £64.

Hiring a caravan at one of there blackpool sites is around £400. So a big .

We will defiantly be using indoor pool , not sure about the outdoor one

helpineedajob Fri 17-May-13 22:43:39

*big difference

TeaOneSugar Sat 18-May-13 10:51:21

we went years ago and the entertainment faclilites were filthy, toilets really grim.

I'd suggest trip advisor for some more recent experiences.

colleysmill Sat 18-May-13 11:18:35

We went.to Littlesea, weymouth last year camping at haven. Camping toilet block and showers were good - separate laundry bit too for tourers. Pitches weren't as big as those at Golden sands, mablethorpe where we've been several times. Price was good especially as it was the Olympics and August - as a caravan club member we got a discount of 130 quid too!

I have to say for small children they are great - my ds is 3 and loves the pool and the "disco dancing" with the bonus of living with your own "stuff" (but I'm a bit strange about using my own knives and forks) We've found the touring areas to be quieter than the rest of the park although they are often more remotely sited from the entertainment areas.

fatzak Sun 19-May-13 12:06:50

We went to the Haven site at Reighton Sands near Filey last summer. I nearly pulled out at the last minute as I scared myself reading some of the awful reviews! In the end, we had a great time. My review is the fifth one down www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?revid=3323

CaurnieBred Mon 20-May-13 12:38:18

We have been to the once at Clacton a couple of times. The wash facilities are nice and clean - and warm! The playpark is just beside the area too. It was fine. There was some noise from another tent (child crying all night) but you could get that anywhere.

DD loves the entertainment - it was nice to go somewhere warm at night and DH took her to the pool.

serin Mon 20-May-13 20:40:37

We have been to Hafan Y Mor on the Lyn Peninsular a few times and it is great, totally unlike the other Haven sites we have stayed at. Well spaced pitches, lots to do nearby and close to wonderful beaches and fishing spots.

Greenacres at Porthmadoc has a ridiculously small pool and woefully inadequate facilities for the number of campers. Tents and vans are crammed together so closely that there is barely space to walk between them, God knows how they pass fire regs!

Littlesea in Dorset was by far the worst though, situated at the back of a grotty industrial estate, and populated by the type of people who yell "F...ing get here now" to small children. Our DD got Norovirus here which we swear was from the pool, overheated, underchlorinated and with about 200 too many heaving bodies in it, basically a bacterial soup.

RedPencils Mon 20-May-13 20:45:53

We went to Greenacres last year. The camp site part was awful, basic facilities and not that cheap
DCs loved the facilities, loads to do and right on the beach.

sallydolittle Tue 21-May-13 09:50:36

We camped at Haven in Tenby for 3 nights last year., I think it is called Kilm Park or something like that. We normally go very basic with fire etc but it was just me and the girls so thought we would do something different. Everyone had a great time. They opened a field up for tents. Kids loved the swimming pools and having a Pizza Delivery to the tent for the treat for the week. Good clean and exactly what it says it is on the brochure.

4lovelychildren Tue 21-May-13 14:05:43

Ear plugs may be needed.......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now