Talk

Advanced search

Stopover B & Bs needed for drive to Bordeaux area

(8 Posts)
hillbilly Thu 16-May-13 11:24:58

I need to find 3 B & B stopovers - 1 for on the way there and 2 for on the way back (from Calais). Does anyone have any recommendations? We would need a family room for 4 and hope to pay no more that 100 Euros. I'm looking for something like a farm, chateau or similar and not a premier inn type place. We will have all our camping gear in the car so would need fairly secure parking.

Thanks!

Lucycat Thu 16-May-13 16:34:09

Your best bet is either the Chambre d'hote type place or a Logis. Which town are you thinking of overnighting at? We use the Logis L'Escale at Escalles here near Calais before we cross back across the Channel as the restaurant is fab smile

Maybe something like this type of place?

We've looked at them but we tend to use B&Bs for most stop overs as they are cheaper and closer to the autoroute / main roads.

hillbilly Thu 16-May-13 17:13:37

For the way down we are looking around Orleans and coming back we could either go back up the same way but with 2 stops - Loire & Normandy perhaps or go south of Paris and around Champagne area. I have looked on Sawdays and found a couple of possibilities then thought I would check with MN oracle grin

hillbilly Thu 16-May-13 17:15:54

Thanks for the suggestions Lucycat.

Imsosorryalan Tue 21-May-13 20:44:07

Not sure if you were after something half way, but we drove from Calais to near Bordeaux and stopped at a place in Le Mans. Had two connecting rooms on the top floor..either google it or I'll try and find it, hang on..

Imsosorryalan Tue 21-May-13 20:52:31

Grr can't find it! Bt we looked on owners direct site and it found it on there! Hthssmile

hillbilly Wed 22-May-13 11:08:46

Thanks, I will have a look for that. That area would be good.

Lovecat Mon 27-May-13 23:25:03

On our way home last year we stopped at La Ferme Du Vert - bloody gorgeous and although it's in the countryside it's only 20mins from the chunnel. A little beyond your stated budget as a room for 4 is €152 (and you run the risk of spending €€€ on their excellent cheese, like we did!), but it was sooo nice after 2 weeks under canvas.

We broke our journey (the Vendee) with a stay here in Alencon, which is just outside Le Mans, but that was DH insisting on a "proper" hotel again (he's really not into camping.... sad ) - their Chambre des Canards sleeps 4 (we were in the Rosarie, it was bloody gorgeous).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now