Talk

Advanced search

We can't do our June Bank holiday camp now. [sadface]

(9 Posts)
chipmonkey Wed 15-May-13 17:06:26

I was going to bring ds1 and ds2 away camping on the June bank holiday, mainly to practice putting up the big tent on our own. Dh is not into the whole camping thing. And now ds1 has gone and broken his arm!
And no, I can't buy a medium sized tent as well as the big one and the small one.

MegBusset Wed 15-May-13 17:15:48

Oh sad Can you and DS2 go with the small tent?

Milliways Wed 15-May-13 19:02:40

My DS broke his arm and I managed to put up our 12 man (Dome) tent with him supporting the odd pole - so it can be done. The only thing he couldn't do was swim (the site had a small pool), but he stil had fun.

After 6 weeks cast was off - then after another 4 weeks he broke it again, so best to try and keep them involved where possible.

chipmonkey Wed 15-May-13 19:31:43

I would feel a bit mean just going off with ds2. And the last time we put it up it definitely took 3 of us, fully armed!
Just thought, my dsis did suggest that we should do a camping trip with her and her grown up dd. Might suggest it to her this weekend

Oblomov Wed 15-May-13 19:39:26

We are not going either. Gutted. Went for the bank holiday at beginning of may. Had best time EVER. Was looking forward to 8 days on the may/jun bank holiday. But Dh just had both knees operated on. Phoned campsite yesterday, to say we wouldn't be coming. Very sad.
Never mind. There will be more opportunities for both of us. When can you go next?

DewDr0p Wed 15-May-13 19:44:36

Could you go near home OP and strong arm persuade dh into coming and help set up camp?

Blu Wed 15-May-13 22:31:18

Why can't you go, with DS with his arm in plaster? He'll be able to do lots with the opther hand, and hold things with the bad arm etc!

I bet someone on the campsite would help for the off moment you needed an extra hand!

Poor biy - sorry to hear he has broken his arm, but really, in another week or so you he will feel more confident - don't give up!

chipmonkey Wed 15-May-13 23:27:46

Blu, honestly, the tent is huge, massively heavy and the pins at the bottom of the poles are a bitch to put in. And the last time we put it up, it was mostly ds1 who managed to get the pins in.
But I do think my sister might come along and help out. She is coming up for ds1's communion this weekend and she might agree if I ply her -- with-- wine

Blu Thu 16-May-13 09:12:39

Hooray for your sister ! I'd lend you a medium easy to manage tent if you were nearby. Have fun.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now