Talk

Advanced search

what's the difference between eurocamp and keycamp?

(18 Posts)
fez Sun 21-May-06 14:32:12

are they more or less the same? has anyone been to the one in picardy - this ?

Blandmum Sun 21-May-06 14:33:39

Different company, go to alnmost all the same sites. Lay out of caravans is different. You can often get better deals with Eurocamp. Their tents look every bit as good as Keycamp and Canvas

Blandmum Sun 21-May-06 14:34:26

PS that site is part of the Camping et Castels chain....very high end spec of the market. Execlent facilities etc etc

Tortington Sun 21-May-06 14:34:58

eurocamp is more expensive IMO try venue holidays

Blandmum Sun 21-May-06 14:37:19

Also Canvas has a budget range company...yo get all the stuff except the vans are a year or so older and you don't get the kids clubs (which my two will not go to anyway)

littleshebear Sun 21-May-06 15:48:34

We are going in a week to that campsite - we have been for an overnight stop two years ago and really liked it. We're hoping for a nice restful break while ds2 goes to the kids' club - hope the weather improves! In my experience keycamp and eurocamp are the same - keycamp is a bit cheaper and their accommodation is slightly different but that's all. If you don't want kids clubs there are even cheaper operators.

cod Sun 21-May-06 18:41:06

Message withdrawn

fez Sun 21-May-06 21:12:56

thanks. thinking about the tents. anyone been in them?

Tortington Sun 21-May-06 21:52:11

yes we always go in tents, i personally think they are brill and shitloads cheaper than a caravan. you have fridge, and beds and cooker - and if its really hot you can roll the sides up.

i love the eurostyle tents.

Tortington Sun 21-May-06 21:52:46

howold are your kids

i wouldnt go in a tent with a baby but its great for older kids

Blandmum Sun 21-May-06 21:55:25

the tents are great, vey well eqiped and have 4 gas rings and a fridge

Tortington Sun 21-May-06 21:58:44

and a grill

and theres always the BBQ

Blandmum Sun 21-May-06 22:01:21

and a coffee maker and wine glasses. it isn't boy scout camping
i'm going camping at half term and it is going to piss down, i can feel it in me water!

Tortington Sun 21-May-06 22:04:44

and a flask jug thingy to keep your coffee warm when you have made it

Tortington Sun 21-May-06 22:04:58

i want to go on holiday

Blandmum Sun 21-May-06 22:07:05

5 nights in north wales. i'm really looking forward to it.

fez Mon 22-May-06 17:20:26

custardo, 1 and 4. hope it will be fine. booked it today and hope the weather is better than it is outside!!!!! went for keycamp in the end cos eurocamp didn't have any tents left in the week we want. thanks all for your help

hope it is going to be ok. last time i went camping was more than 20 years ago as a girl scout. any tips anyone?

Tortington Tue 23-May-06 00:40:42

dont forget a bloody T towel - you end up drying the pissin dishes with a bah towel and look a tit at the sinks.

take sleeping bags not quilts - for smaller kids take cushions - which can be used in the car for sleeping on - on the way - or left ont he shelf at the back of the car without getting in the way

there are 5 of us intotal - and we use those sucky bags - those vaccume bags. we vaccume all the air out and take the small vaccume with us. saves bags of room - but only really an investment for the regular keycampesq camper.

if your a coffee freak - take your own coffee - work out what time you will be there and if its very early in the morning or late at night - or err middle of the feckin day in france the shops may be shut - so if you need a brew ( i NEED a brew) then take your own stuff.

take washing tablets for the clothes - its a rip off in the campsite shop.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: