Talk

Advanced search

FAO Mumsnet HQ

(31 Posts)
LadyAlex Sun 12-May-13 12:59:09

Would it be possible to change the name of this group to Camping & Caravanning?

I've posted on here for caravan related advice but thought feedback on caravan sites would be useful, i.e querying the suitability for ages of children, facilities, things to do near by, pram friendly etc.

Thankyou if you read this!

SeaShellsMyDogTrulySmells Sun 12-May-13 14:12:25

Try posting in Site Stuff or reporting your own post to get their attention, although you'll find lost of caravanners/van owners etc are here smile

LadyAlex Sun 12-May-13 14:21:10

Thankyou.

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 12-May-13 16:40:00

Hi there

Thanks for this suggestion.

Do let us know what you all think!

Ffuntimewincies Sun 12-May-13 20:49:55

Sounds sensible smile.

FrameyMcFrame Sun 12-May-13 22:02:56

Good plan!

Bramblesinafield Sun 12-May-13 23:29:06

Fans self and has the vapors at funtimes. Just you wait until miss slubber sees you!

lisaro Mon 13-May-13 00:01:03

Does make sense.

LetItBeMe Mon 13-May-13 04:05:27

Oh I feel iconic!
BTW I have name changed during the course today!

MummyPigsFatTummy Mon 13-May-13 08:04:46

Just so long as it doesn't end up like the so-called Camping and Caravanning Club... hmm

Otherwise, I can't think of a reasonable argument against.

LifeofPo Mon 13-May-13 08:10:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CrowsLanding Mon 13-May-13 08:19:14

I agree, when I first came to mums net I was searching for a caravanning topic and was surprised there wasn't one.

Ffuntimewincies Mon 13-May-13 10:26:59

Oh heck, I forgot about Slubber. Maybe if we add some bunting to the title too she'll forgive us grin.

Or not.

hillbilly Mon 13-May-13 10:28:39

Probably in the minority but I would suggest a separate section for caravanning.

LifeofPo Mon 13-May-13 10:38:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MummyPigsFatTummy Mon 13-May-13 10:51:51

I would prefer a separate section for caravanners to be honest, if there needs to be a change at all. But I did wonder if I was just being a bit 'Bah humbug' about the idea of change...

AmandinePoulain Mon 13-May-13 10:55:48

Where would me and my camper fit in? confused I feel discriminated against wink.

I don't think it's necessary to be honest, the topic covers camping queries, campsite recommendations and caravans, why the need for a separate topic?

So it's a no from me.

RooneyMara Mon 13-May-13 11:05:59

Caravans need introducing to a box of matches.

I always assumed it included caravan and campervan related stuff anyway.

SlubberInAWinkleWagon Mon 13-May-13 11:16:32

Pipe down bramble. Some of my best friends are caravanners wink

Do caravanners not camp too? I thought camping was the generic term for what folk did when they stayed on a campsite regardless of their accommodation.

I would not want a separate topic for the tin-tenters. They are staying on sites and giving reviews of them and they also are unable to resist buying more camping paraphernalia enjoy a spot of equipment purveying and purchasing. For instance if two topics were created then the tenters would never have heard of the Lakeland snack stand. Thank you Cavey.

The topic ain't broke so don't fiddle with it please. I have no objections to caravanning being added to camping but tbh I think it's a bit unnecessary.

Ffuntimewincies Mon 13-May-13 11:20:35

I too would be sad to see caravanners and campervanners exciled to another topic.

Happy to see caravanning added to help clarify it for newcomers but a topic different topic would be a sad thing.

AmandinePoulain Mon 13-May-13 11:48:08

Exactly Slubber, one topic for researching sites is enough in my opinion. There are a lot of sites that cater for tents, campers and caravans so why not share the information with everyone? confused

Quenelle Mon 13-May-13 12:12:51

I don't really care what it's called although technically Camping & Caravanning would be tautologous orwhateveryoucallit. You get tent camping and non-tent camping so Camping covers all persuasions.

And I agree they should all stay in one topic. Otherwise you would get campervanners who like to shove some of their stuff/kids in a two man tent next door posting all over the place and vital information like the snack stand would be missed.

hillbilly Mon 13-May-13 12:22:41

Good point Quenelle - maybe I was being hasty earlier. TBH I don't really care and in actual fact it does mean more potential for gear browsing and buying grin

IwishIwasmoreorganised Mon 13-May-13 12:27:26

Keep it all together - add caravanning to the title if that would help the caravanners find the topic!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now