Talk

Advanced search

Is this right? Kitchen stand question

(5 Posts)
Callmecordelia Sat 04-May-13 06:58:15

First camping trip this weekend.

I have bought a few bits that I thought would have a multi purpose use if we're not keen, and one of them was this:

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B004O6MED2/ref=redir_mdp_mobile

Hope that works, I'm on my phone.

I bought it from Amazon warehouse, and it was only £29 - have had things from there before and they've been fine.

Anyway, got the kitchen, set it up and my question is;

Should the cupboard really only hang from two slim metal wires that hook into the top? The instructions mention wrapping velcro round a tube, but I can't see where that could be done, or indeed any velcro at all?

I can't see how the cupboard could be strong enough to hold tins etc. Or maybe it is?

Help please - I can put it back in its box and send it back to Amazon, but I'll have to do it soon.

Kahlua4me Sat 04-May-13 07:03:18

There is Velcro in the picture you linked to, is yours the same?
We have one very similar to that and the Velcro does go around the metal poles, top and bottom, as shown on that picture. On ours we fit together the frame and then Velcro the cupboard on.

Callmecordelia Sat 04-May-13 07:05:22

Sorry, just double checked the link and linked to the wrong stand. This is the right one. www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B004O6ME0A/ref=redir_mdp_mobile

Callmecordelia Sat 04-May-13 07:11:35

Normally Amazon warehouse is fine - they sell stuff with damaged packaging, returns where the customer has changed their mind. I'm wondering if I got a dud. And now, of course the price of the brand new one has gone down, so it looks like I got less of a bargain :-(

Kahlua4me Sat 04-May-13 07:27:57

Not sure about that one. I would have thought though that if it mentions Velcro it should have some.
Can you try putting it together and then putting things in the cupboard?
Surely if it doesn't work Amazon will refund you even though it has been assembled. They cannot sell something that is not fit for purpose.

Hope you have fun camping.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now