Talk

Advanced search

What should I put my 8 month old baby in for sleeping in the tent?

(4 Posts)
beatie Wed 17-May-06 20:40:11

We're going camping for a weekend in mid June. We started family camping 2 years ago when our eldest was 20 months old. This time we'll have a 3 year old and our 8 month old baby.

We plan to put the baby in her own pod, inside her travel cot. What would you advise I do in the way of dressing her for bed and bed-covers?

I was thinking of puttin gher in a bodysuit + a sleepsuit + an over-sized fleecy sleepsuit over that and then zipped inside of her Gro-bag.

Too many layers? Not the right type of layers? Will she need a blanket too?

I cannot justify buying a baby sleeping bag as this might be our only camping trip with her as a youngish baby.

Nemo1977 Wed 17-May-06 20:42:45

Beatie what about a 2nd hand baby sleeping bag..they are on ebay for around £9.

I have bought one for DD[5mths] mainly because the weather is so unpredictable and arms and hands tend to get cold in the grobags for my DD anyway. Plus am pg again so will have 2 babies using it.

Roobie Wed 17-May-06 20:44:44

Sounds like quite a lot of layers. We went early June last year with 5 week old and I just put him in a vest, sleepsuit and grobag. I had a cellular blanket ready to put over him as well but it wasn't necessary in the end.

peachyClair Thu 18-May-06 11:58:28

We put a blanket under the cot (essential if you have a SIG) and then another under the bottom sheet, to insulate. Warm pyjamas or all in one (I bought a fleece all in one from motherare but that was erm a while back), then the normal beeding plus a spare fleece if needed. I would advocate mittens too.

If you can keep to their normal bedding it can help little ones to settle in a strange place. Then just pad out with layers. We put everything we need in the car, then fill any (if) space with blankets.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: